The Legend of Zelda: Shades of the Past
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Conquer a Drink [Closed]

2 posters

Go down

To Conquer a Drink [Closed] Empty To Conquer a Drink [Closed]

Post by Ratatosk Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:03 am

To the men and women of Hyrule Castle Town and many of the travellers within the Inn it was just another evening of tall drinks and taller stories. Some played games of chance, betting their weeks earnings while others sat in circles exchanging stories or threw their arms around one another as they sang gaily. Indeed. It was just another night of merriment.

So it stood as no surprise that their joy blinded them to the giant who stepped in through the door to the Inn with a stern frown on his face. His white eyes glanced about the Inn with a grunt while his companion, who was invisible to everyone else due to her being a spirit, rested on his massive shoulder.

After a moment the giant sighted an empty table and lumbered towards it before parking himself down on one of the wooden chairs. The chair creaked in horror at what was being asked of it, it's legs bending from the effort of holding up the human titan, but it valiantly did not break.

Once seated the giant foreigner removed his sword from it's place on his back and rested it against the table, relieving it's weight from both his back and the chair he sat on.

Things hadn't gone to plan for the giant. He had planned to find a new land to conquer with the few trustworthy retainers he had, but the ship he was using to explore had sunk and for all he knew his retainers where dead. Best case scenario they could be scattered all over the damned island and it would take months to find them all.

Still, he found somewhere to conquer. Now he would just need to plan out how to conquer it without a small army at his back.

Last edited by Ratatosk on Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Ratatosk
Ratatosk
Human
Human

Rupees : 12003

Character Sheet
EXP:
To Conquer a Drink [Closed] Left_bar_bleue0/5000To Conquer a Drink [Closed] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5000)
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

To Conquer a Drink [Closed] Empty Re: To Conquer a Drink [Closed]

Post by Aberham Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:22 am

Aberham never believed that he would see a human man that was.... larger than him. He sat with his back to the wall, overlooking the people within it with Paranoia. Would they find out? Was this bastian of peace about to be interrupted by the guard, or worse yet his former co workers barging through the door and catching him? No, he reminded himself as the minutes ticked on and the food he poked at grew cold. They were dead, all evidence consumed by the living dead and the fire. Be was plenty safe in this room. Loosening his clenched, nervous hands. He looked back over at the giant as he set his blade down on the table.

It was a poor weapon for all but the most basic combatants of their size. Just a bit smaller than the one he had in his possession. Which was currently as tall as a man and resting against the wall next to him. Aberham could sense.... A great opportunity for profit. He picked up the sword, cradling it in it's covered sheath with one arm as he jaunted a couple tables down to the man. He stood across from him.

"...................................." The dark eye holes of his helm showing nothing as he examined him closer. "Hello tall man. I'd like to ask you if you'd be fond of a mercenary's business ventures." He finally said, his voice tact as he was in total control of his language.
Aberham
Aberham
Human
Human

Rupees : 97003

Character Sheet
EXP:
To Conquer a Drink [Closed] Left_bar_bleue0/5000To Conquer a Drink [Closed] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5000)
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ratatosk Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:25 am

Mercenaries. Ratatosk was no stranger to their ilk. Back in his homeland he had fought beside, against and commanded his fair share and understood their motivations almost as well as they did. At the end of the day all they cared about was money and power, and if the money stopped flowing so too did loyalty.

As the giant considered the other large man's words his considerably smaller, and considerably less visible or solid, companion hovered around the stranger. After a moment of her own contemplation she returned to her giant friend and related, “I don't know about this guy… he feels… icky.”

'Icky…?' He mused, 'Hundreds of years of accrued knowledge after death and she describes someone as 'icky?'' He considered it a moment before replying to the man, “Not so much as a soldier, no.” He smirked, “But as a client?” Then he shrugged, “But alas my fortunes are either lost at sea or beyond your Sea of Storms.
Ratatosk
Ratatosk
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aberham Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:01 am

Aberham would look over curiously to Ratatosk's companion. Having not seen many like her in his life at all. Still, the innocence was... Charming here. He cought himself smiling beneath his helm. "I apologize miss. But I find myself getting paid quite often to be unpleasant. Somtimes it persists." He says calmly over to her. Before looking back at the gaint who had his attention.

"I worry not of how long it would take for my pay to arrive. Within reason of course. Should you legitimately find yourself in the need of my services. Then you have my full attention as to what the job would entail." He says, waving his hand and setting the end of his sheathed sword onto the ground. Aberham was getting more relaxed in their company. He supported himself against the mighty weapon.
Aberham
Aberham
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ratatosk Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:33 am

Ratatosk raised and eyebrow slightly as Laela squeaked in surprise, “You can see her too?” The giant of a man asked, “Well, that is a first.” he conceded. Idly he wondered what was taking the barmaids so long, he could do with a drink.

He weighed the strangers words and his options. Really he lost nothing with honesty; even if this man was a rival at this point it would serve them both to work together since both seemed to be acting alone. Even if the stranger blabbed his goals to the authorities it would hardly warrant any effort, one man talking of conquest was hardly a threat to the crown on his own.

My goals would be long term. A single merc would hardly achieve my goals in a timely manner. Timely enough to acquire their pay anyway.” He confided, “No, I need an army.” He glanced up at the helmeted man, “As for why? Well, there is a fat treasury not too far from here.” He nodded slightly in the direction of the castle.
Ratatosk
Ratatosk
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aberham Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:53 am

Aberham blinked, the eyes to see through all illusion had been given to him on the day of his birth. Sometimes it was easy to tell when normal eyes would lie and hide the facts. Other times, he see's what he believes to be a farie and it turns out to be only vidabpe by choice to one other man.

"....... Well. I'm sorry it has to be like this. But you aren't the only one with ambitions. Would you care to fight me for it honorably or with things need to get nasty....?" Aberham did not care, if this man presented a danger to his land then he would end this danger and take credit for it himself. "An army is pathetically easy to obtain, knowing how to use it. The the conviction of it, is not."
Aberham
Aberham
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ratatosk Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:54 am

Ambition was not a terribly uncommon thing any where in the world. Ambition was what forged kingdoms from single province fiefs. Ambition is what took average people and lead them to great deeds. An ambitious may forge a legendary weapon or invent a new technique that improves the average ability of their most common items. An ambitious seamstress would take skills taught to her so she could make common attire and use them to make dresses fit for any noblewoman.

Ambition was no threat to those who aimed even higher when simply given a road to achieve that ambition.

With an almost pleasant tone he spoke, “Trouble would bring the guard. Would they believe the word of a wanted man over a stranger none else know?” He shrugged, “Why even ask when I could grant you a fief once I am Emperor of this Island?
Ratatosk
Ratatosk
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aberham Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:19 am

"....." This man certainly had the ego of an emperor, thought Aberham. The guard only reasonably shook him, as he factually knew what would happen should they turn up and find him perpetrating his crimes. He had escape routes already in mind, but this could be disastrous for his future reputation and therefor his plans. "You would do very well to keep such goals out of my Hyrule." He said in the familiar tone he had started this conversation with.

He took a couple steps towards the man. Still about four feet away."The monarchy already in place would serve to grant me a much better share than a broke ruler and his trite friend. The magic that comes with the eyes to see her comes with greater boons. I would kill you and raise you back into this world day by day to make you tear yourselves apart all over again into little. Bloody. Pieces." Said Aberham without a shred of hesitation in a softer voice so as others would not overhear. He was his own boss now, he had not to accept any man underestimating his capabilities. He was not to play second fiddle to any man who had yet to have the power he sought already. At most, he would accept an equal partnership.
Aberham
Aberham
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ratatosk Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:03 am

Ratatosk was unfazed by the other man's words and replied, “Perhaps. But perhaps not.” His gaze and toned remained equally calm as he mused, “The current Monarchs would have their ranks filled, the most you could hope to earn would be a minor title, maybe a barony on the frontier. Perhaps they may even make you Duke of Latrines.

As he moved onto his response to Aberham's more violent comments his tone remained completely at ease, “Perhaps you could beat me, perhaps not. But then victory would mean you lose opportunity… and your defeat would render you no more then filth.” He smirked, “But then that's a moot point...

>BONK<

...When the barmaid has the drop on you.” He finished after the heavy pan of the burly barmaid that had walked up behind Aberham had slammed into back the smaller man's head. The woman was almost as large as either man and just as muscular. The pan was equally large, seemly forged as much as a weapon as a cooking tool with sides several times thicker then actually needed and sturdy enough that Aberham's head hadn't left a dent.

Without skipping a beat Ratatosk pulled out a few rupees and handed them to the woman with the words, “A mug of ale and whatever the largest meal on the menu is tonight.
Ratatosk
Ratatosk
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aberham Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:09 am

CLANG
There was a reason that in proper battle maces were better used against men in armor than swords. It hurt so terribly. But the target was tougher than anyone in the room had anticipated apparently. Aberham was forced to shirk forward before pushing bundle up with his sword. Unwilling to look away from the man. He snarled. Looking over at him with eyes full of murder as she shook the pain away from his head.

He took a step back and looked down at the barmaid like she had made the worst, most dangerous decision of her entire life. "Run." he spoke to her simply.
Aberham
Aberham
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ratatosk Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:21 am

Really?” The barmaid smirked.

Ratatosk slowly stood and carried his sword with him as he, and the rest of the bar backed away from Aberham and the Barmaid.

The giant from another land had seen her ilk. There where two kind of barmaids in the world; the young and attractive who had never seen the dangers of the wilds with their own eyes. And then there where the older ones, like the one now facing Aberham.

The retired adventurers.

Ratatosk had seen it the moment he had seen her out of the corner of his eye. Her ease of movement, as if she knew every muscle in her body and how to use it in just the right way. The squaring of her shoulders as she had raised her pot and the exact way she brought it down maximizing the damage it did.

Her raising her hand and pulling Aberham's armoured form towards her at high speed with an electromagnetism spell and smacking him in the face with her pot? No he did not see that coming.

Nor did he expect the ball and chain to slip out of her wrist and slam down on the floor next to Aberham's head.

The aging barmaid smiled, “Are we done here Sweatheart?

Ratatosk mused, “I should be hiring her...
Ratatosk
Ratatosk
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aberham Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:18 am

Aberham took a deep breath to calm himself as the baring pain pulsed through his head. Now was the perfect time to put on the mask of an upstanding citizen. He'd have no one form an ill opinion of him in this kingdom before he was ready to. "Miss, I am sorry. You must not know this. But you are currently helping a man who at best is a bandit, and at worst is a traitor to the throne of our kingdom. If you attack me I will be forced to defend myself until somone can call the guard. Please lay down your weapon." he said. Making no move to draw his own. He spoke loud enough for everyone to easily hear.
Aberham
Aberham
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ratatosk Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:36 am

Wow.” Laela gaped at Aberham, “Someone doesn't pay attention...

-Flashback-

As Ratatosk entered the Inn the barmaid who just clobbered Aberham turned towards the giant and gave him an acknowledging nod before moving her gaze to Laela and nodding to her despite her being invisible to everyone else.

-Present-

Don't pretend I didn't have a good reason to step in Bucko.” The giant of a barmaid added not a moment later, “You threatened one of my Customers, one who hasn't done anything worse then blow hot air.” Ratatosk flinched at the verbal backhand but held his tongue as the woman continued, “You on the other hand where leaning over him in a threatening manner while saying, if I remember correctly, 'I would kill you and raise you back into this world day by day to make you tear yourselves apart.'” She smirked at the prone man, “So that's threatening to murder my customer and admitting to using Black Magic.

As for how the Barmaid had been there in time to hear those exact words?

-Flashback-

As the conversation between Ratatosk and Aberham became more heated Laela flittered off to find the barmaid who had noticed her. It didn't take long and took an even shorter time to get the large woman's attention. Once she did she pointed to the two men and said, “Excuse me ma'am, But that armoured bully is threatening my friend when all we came in here for was a meal and a bed!

-Present-

By now the entire patronage of the Inn was watching, some placing bets while others glared at Aberham. Ratatosk simply gazed down at the other Great Sword user with his usual calm expression, an expression read 'This is how I win. This is how an Emperor wins.'

The Barmaid pulled her giant steel ball off the ground using her magnet spell but kept it at the ready, “Now. You will leave this establishment and not return. We won't call the guards on you.” She smiled sweetly, so much in fact flowers almost seemed to glow around her, “Or do I have to show you why I was once called 'The Jackhammer?'
Ratatosk
Ratatosk
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aberham Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:12 am

Aberham stood their quietly while the woman went on accusing him. She clearly was not that bright, no. It was not her who he was trying to win over with this act. It was the crowd of people all around them. His hand would move up to his helm, revealing a chiseled face with bushy brown hair and the same deep brown eyes.The face of a man that was unrelentingly human. "I don't know what you're on about this, black magic. I've spent twenty years as a farmer and four providing security. I've never the time, nor education, nor inclination to learn magic at all. Let me rephrase what you think that you heard. I told him that if he did gather his little army of bandits and tried to storm anyplace in this city, let alone the palace treasury. He was going to get torn to shreds, or imprisoned day by day. I'd never threaten to harm any man." He said, replicating the emotions flawlessly.

"I know exactly why you want anything to do with such troubles out of your establishment. I will leave if you ask this of me one more time. However I must beg of you to allow me to bring the guard back to properly deal with the numerous crimes this man has just asked of me to help him perform." He said. Aberham's head was gravely sore. He took off his helm and set it on his belt.
Aberham
Aberham
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ratatosk Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:50 am

The crowd looked between Ratatosk and Aberham as the larger man simply remained silent. A few considered the shorter man's words for a moment until one of the patrons who had been sitting next to where the two giants had been talking spoke, “I was sitting right next to these guys, I heard every word.” He pointed to Ratatosk, “Yeah, this guy did mention the treasury but he didn't say nothing about raiding the town. An what kind of bandit walks into a town anyways? Or tries to raise an army?

It was an amazing thing when even simpletons could see logic.

The man pointed to Aberham, “I heard what you said too. You was threatening to use them undead magicks on him, heard clear as day!

Another patron turned to Ratatosk and asked, “So? Going to deny what they're saying?

And what purpose would that serve?” Ratatosk asked with the same unfettered calm as he had carried this whole time, “If I did I would just be a liar. I do intend to raise an army… but not for anything so petty as raiding a treasury.” He looked over the crowd but at no one in particular, “Bandits have no need of armies, they are nothing but undisciplined mobs. Armies march in formation, strong and firm. Bandits scatter for attack and to flee.

Why ever would I need an army?” Ratatosk asked rhetorically, “To protect the people while your Lordlings place all their faith in fairy tales and myth. While they kneel and pray to a 'legendary hero' and silent gods my army will march to prevent your fields from being burned and homes smashed by the coming foe.

Murmurs spread through the patrons until someone in the crowd, “Yeah! And this guy isn't hiding up in some damn castle! He's down here with us 'dirty' commoners.” With that some cheered and others began to clap.

The barmaid simply rested her pot on her shoulder and smiled at Aberham, “Well what do you know… maybe you should skidaddle.
Ratatosk
Ratatosk
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aberham Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:03 am

Aberham would look over to the man who talked of him using the dark magics. "Words are difficult for some." he said with the face of a man who did not look particularly intelligent. He did look genuinely perplexed as to why the crowd cheered. Before he came up for an awnser for himself. They were all drunked fools who would take whatever side they found the most interesting. It was disappointing honestly, for all the effort he placed into each, calculated lie.

"I say our crown's done" and it pained him to say this, however he kept his lie naturally. "Fine by me. They have obligations and a law they follow. Does anybody really want a dangerou band of men going around enforcing whatever law they see want? Where is your Hylian Pride my good folk? This man has already admitted he's a lair."
Aberham
Aberham
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ratatosk Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:15 am

The crowd ignored Aberham as they returned to their drinking and merry making. A few could even be heard considering joining Ratatosk's army. Maybe a dozen but not many more then that.

Ratatosk himself did likewise, retaking his seat as another of the barmaids brought him his ordered meal and drink. Ratatosk calmly began eating as Laela sat herself down next to his plate and started people watching.

The giant barmaid simply smiled at Aberham and said, "You where asked to leave."
Ratatosk
Ratatosk
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aberham Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:21 am

Aberham realized that today was not going to bear forth a victory for himself. However it could have gone worse for him given the stakes. He gave the woman a nod and started walking for the door. Stopping just before opening it. He reached for his belt to take the now dented helmet that he would soon need to repair. He looked back at the gaint man off on his table. Giving him an overly friendly smile. The message was clear. "I will follow up on my every threat. Death shall come shall we ever meet again."

He placed it ontop of his scalp, opened the door slowly and closed it calmly.
Aberham
Aberham
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down