The Legend of Zelda: Shades of the Past
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions That Need Answers (Saria)

2 posters

Go down

Questions That Need Answers (Saria) Empty Questions That Need Answers (Saria)

Post by Ehrandil Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:13 pm

The Lost Woods, filled with those skeleton undead known as Stelfos and some people claimed that if a person got lost too long in the woods, he became a Stelfos. The hooded ranger walked on his own path while grasped his bow in his hand and his eyes scanned for any movements, he needed to be careful and he knew that the Lost Woods was not to be trifled with. Bastian did not encounter any Stelfos but if he did, he was ready to defeat them with his archery. Bastian did not came here for sightseeing or bounty-hunting, he came into the woods in order to search for answers, the answers to his questioned dreams back in Hyrule town.

That dream he had, the hooded figure gave him a task to search for a hero and aid him but there was two things that Bastian did not understand; What kind of hero he was searching for? The hooded figure did not gave any details about him and another question was... Why Bastian? Why him? He had no doubt that there were some other heroic figures who were suitable for this task but why Bastian, who was a lone Waystrider who witnessed the cruelty of wars when he was a mercenary and left his home when he was a child? He was a nobody at all and furthermore the Lost Woods gotten more and more frightening in his mind.

He came to the forest because he wished to seek Barn i Skorgen in his Waystrider dialect or the Kokiri, the Children of the Forest. Bastian heard about them from his father when he was a child and heard again from his teacher Mara when he was under her tutelage. Although the Kokiri might be children in appearance, they were ageless race and some of them possessed more wisdom compared with the others. To be honest, Bastian never met one before but his teacher mentioned this to him; "if you have doubts and questions that you cannot seek answers by yourself or from others, seek the Kokiri." Only if his Hylian teacher was here with him, Bastian started to miss her.

Suddenly Bastian halt his steps and drew an arrow from his quiver, he nocked it to the string of his arrow as his eyes ventured ahead of him. In the shadows of a tree, a individual emerged from there and he was carried a sword in his hand. As he revealed himself, he was no human but a skeleton, a Stelfos. Without any warning, the Stelfos charged against Bastian with its sword brandished in the air but the Waystrider readied for this. He aimed his arrow at the Stelfos's skeleton knee and released his shot. The Stelfos's knee was shattered and it tumbled onto the ground with his sword dropped off. As it looked up, the Stelfos realized that the Waystrider readied his second arrow and aimed at its head. "Varaifred." Bastian muttered and released the arrow at the Stelfos at up close range. The Stelfos skull was separated from its head and it fell silent, the undead was dead. Bastian crouched down and plucked the arrow from the Stelfos, he put it back to the quiver. The Waystrider had no doubt that this Stelfos was a straggler but he kept his eye out for more.
Ehrandil
Ehrandil
Human
Human

Rupees : 27760

Character Sheet
EXP:
Questions That Need Answers (Saria) Left_bar_bleue0/5000Questions That Need Answers (Saria) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5000)
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Questions That Need Answers (Saria) Empty Re: Questions That Need Answers (Saria)

Post by Saria Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:37 pm

Saria watched the stranger from the treetops making no indication of her presence. The man was deep in the woods. Further than most...In the parts where monsters freely roamed.

"What do you think Saria? You've been spending a lot of time studying this guy..." a green fairy asked floating around the girl. The girl looked no older than 10, though that could be no further from the truth. She put a hand to her chin, looking to her companion. "I don't know, Gate...This man has a rather cold demeanor...But...I'm sensing a good heart...I believe I should talk with him..." she stated.

It seemed as if the Woods were gaining more and more of visitors of late. It was rather jarring just how many had been finding their way in these past days...In the past only a few had found their way due  to the Deku Tree's magic...But now...It felt like it was beginning to fade...An idea she couldn't stomach.

Then the Stalfos arrived. Most travelers feared the skeleton warriors, and rightfully so...After all...Those who became too lost in these Woods became one. But this man didn't even flinch as he quickly pulled out his bow and destroyed the monster.

"Quite impressive!" she complimented from above, finally letting her presence known as she peered down to him, here yes glistening with curiosity. "Tell me, stranger, what brings you to these Sacred Woods? Not many find their ways here without reason."
Saria
Saria
Kokiri
Kokiri

Rupees : 76526

Character Sheet
EXP:
Questions That Need Answers (Saria) Left_bar_bleue0/5000Questions That Need Answers (Saria) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5000)
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Questions That Need Answers (Saria) Empty Re: Questions That Need Answers (Saria)

Post by Ehrandil Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:50 pm

Someone just said something and it immediately made Bastian quick to his reflex, he reached his hand to his quiver while looked up. Much to his surprise, it was no enemy or Stelfos but... a child? Bastian released the arrow and it landed back into the quiver, he raised one of his eyebrows as he stood up and looked at the child. She was praised him for his marksmanship, Balian had no doubt that the child witnessed the attack and she was unfazed with it.

When the child asked him that what brought him here and told him that not many travellers passed here, Bastian’s silvered eyes looked at the child without made a move and perhaps that girl thought that Bastian gave his cold glare at him but in truth, he was not because it was the way when he looked at people. ”That is my question to you, why would a child lingered around here within these woods? Aren’t you afraid?” Bastian asked as he slung his bow across his back as he approached the tree where the child stayed on. The Waystrider used to remain cold and distant with strangers but this one was just a child, there were no reasons from distancing or cold with her.

”I’m here to seek the Barn i Skorgen, the Children of the Forest or the Kokiri-“ Before he continued, Bastian realized something about this child. This child was no mere normal child and there were no villagers or settlements near the woods... perhaps she was one of the Kokiri that he looked for. ”Are you... are you one of the Children Of the Forest?” Bastian asked  the child and he halt his steps.
Ehrandil
Ehrandil
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Saria Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:35 pm

The girl couldn't help but flinch as the man whirled around ready to attack...Had she made a wrong judgement? Was this truly a man who would attack a child on sight? Kokiri or not...But then he stopped, seeming to realize she was no threat.

Still....The man was giving her a cold glare...A rather foreboding one. She still had to be cautious around him, regardless of what she was sensing around him.

As he approached, however, he seemed to lose the coldness slightly...And turned her question back onto her...She couldn't help but smile at this...Perhaps she could have a bit of fun, before stating his actual reason for being there...Barn i Skorgen? That was a name she hadn't heard in so long...A title that only a select group knew of...He then seemed to catch onto what she was...No...If a man of the Waystriders was here, there was no time for games...This was likely serious.

A frown crossed her face, as she stood upon the branch. "It has been very long since I've heard my people called that, Waystrider..." she began, before leaping down to meet him on the ground. "I am, indeed, a Kokiri...My name is Saria. What brings you to these Woods? I haven't seen a member of your clan here in so long." she stated, studying him, as her fairy floated close by...Gate was still unsure what to make of him. Not wanting her ward to throw herself into danger.
Saria
Saria
Kokiri
Kokiri

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrandil Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:04 am

She was Saria and she admitted that she was a Kokiri thus much to Bastian surprise, she knew his identity as a Waystrider and finally, Bastian knew the name of the Kokiri. "So it's true, you are the Forest's Child who guided heroes in their quests when the evil reigned back in the past. Forgive my rudeness, wise one." Bastian said and he slightly bowed down to Saria, a sign of respect. Even though she knew his people, Bastian was surprised that Saria did not seen any members of his clan for so long, he had no doubt that she was talked about the Old Waystriders, Bastian's ancestors. "You do not know? My ancestors were banished by the royal family from Hyrule long ago after they started a war with another clan, the Vankirks." Bastian said to Saria. "Then they settled in the woods of Holodrum, until today... I was born there." Bastian continued said to Saria and he forgotten his manners; introduction.

"Forgive me for not introducing myself, wise one. I'm Bastian of the Waystriders, son of Barisan who is the current chieftain and I am a descendant of the second chieftain Eradan as well." Bastian said Saria. It was true, Bastian, his father Barisan and his father before him was the descendants of Eradan and it also meant that they had a portion of a Hylian blood in them. Furthermore, his teacher Mara gave Bastian's another name, the name of his ancestor Eradan. When he was under her tutelage, Bastian noticed that the way that Mara spoke about his ancestor as if she admired and respected him deeply. However, Bastian himself felt that he did not fit for his ancestor name since after he rebelled and left his teacher back then, Eradan did not rebelled his friends or allies.

"If may I ask, where is the rest of your kin? Are they here as well?" Bastian asked Saria as he looked at the other trees but there was none of them and Saria was the only one who welcomed him. "I'm hereby to seek your advice, wise one. Questions that I can't find answers from myself and others." Bastian said to Saria and lowered his head with his eyes closed.
Ehrandil
Ehrandil
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Saria Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:52 pm

She was taken aback as the man began to regard her with reverence....Even regarding her specifically as THE Kokiri...It...It didn't feel right. She couldn't help but laugh as he bowed, calling her 'wise one'. "Please...No need for such formality, friend...It is true that I helped guide the Hero of Time in the past...But I don't feel that I need such a title." she stated, urging him to stand up straight.

As he explained why the Waystriders had disappeared so long ago, she felt her spirit fall a bit. It was Gate who spoke first, however, "Of course...The Hyilians might give the Royal Family good credit, but their history isn't exactly clean either..." Saria instantly turned to the fairy. "Gate, enough...I think we know that no culture has an entirely clean slate...Even the Royal Family, despite my being in service to them." she stated, looking back to him. "I know not the reasons for your conflict...But if that were ages ago...And you are here now...Has the banishment of the Waystriders been lifted then?" she asked hopeful.

After he formally introduced himself, and asked about the whereabouts of the other Kokiri, she took another step towards him. "I'm afraid tales you may have heard about my kin may have been exaggerated, Sir Bastian. We may be ageless...But wisdom does not necessarily come with that...Fortunately, you found me." she smiled, gesturing for him to follow her as she began to walk a bit deeper into the Woods. "These parts are not actually where we live...In fact this is where monsters reside...If you come with me, I'll guide you to the Forest's Proper...And answer as many questions as you have."
Saria
Saria
Kokiri
Kokiri

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrandil Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:05 pm

Much to his surprise, the Kokiri was not just ancient but she was also friendly, Bastian was not sure what he should say next. She admitted that she guided the Hero Of Time in the past but she felt that she did not fit to be such title as the "wise one", a humility that he never expected. "Even so, you are still the wise one who guided the Hero to overcome any tides of darkness." Bastian smiled gently at Saria and lowered his head a little. When Saria's fairy remarked about the Hylians and he compared them with the Waystriders, Bastian said nothing but he gnashed his teeth tightly but luckily Saria rebuked him immediately.

When Saria asked that since if Bastian was here, did it meant that the banishment of the Waystriders had been lifted but Bastian shook his head slightly. "Unfortunately, no. My people still resided at Holodrum and lived in seclusion away from the society." Bastian grimaced. "But there's hope for my people, for I have decide to plea the royal family to let them return to Hyrule and defend Her beauty from harm, like my forefathers did."

Saria mentioned that not all of her kin had wisdom even though they were ageless but she said that Bastian was in fortunate that he founded her, it gave hope that he will have answers for his questions soon enough. Then she told him that these parts were not where the Kokiri lived but the monsters made their lair here, that explained that why there was a straggler Stelfos from nowhere. Saria said that she could lead him out from this woods to Forest's Proper and answer his questions, Bastian nodded in silent as an agreement and he was ready to follow Saria.
Ehrandil
Ehrandil
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Saria Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:41 pm

The Forest Girl blushed slightly when he claimed she was still the wise one who had guided Link in the past. "I can't truly take credit for that..." she admitted. "Its true he was a dear, dear friend and brother....And that I actually helped raise him, even....But I did no such thing in helping him prepare for his eventual heroics other than offer friendship..." she gave a sigh, as the long buried memories of the boy who had changed life in the forest began to resurface more clearly....She began to lose herself, merely guiding him through the Woods in an awkward silence before managing to pull herself back.

She sighed, taking in the news that his people were still banished, and that he was actually partially here for the reason of speaking with the Royal Family about the matters of their exile and being brought back to Hyrule. "Then I wish you luck in that quest..." she stated as they passed through a hollow tree trunk. "It has been a long while since I have spoken with the Royal Family, but if the current Princess is anything like the one from the era of my connections with them, then I am sure she will be at least willing to speak with you..." she paused, thinking for a moment. "Can you tell me why the Waystriders were at war with these Vankirks? Were they punished as well? It doesn't seem like the Waystriders I knew to war with another for no reason..." her curiosity truly was beginning to grow at this subject, as she led them through the mysterious Woods that seemed to go on for forever, though it did appear to grow slightly less dense. "We're almost there." she assured.
Saria
Saria
Kokiri
Kokiri

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrandil Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:37 pm

The Kokiri was awfully quiet when Bastian followed her steps after she mentioned about the old hero, as if she missed him.  As he followed Saria from behind, Bastian listened to her quietly as she mentioned that it was been a while that she spoken with the royal family and she has not met the Princess of Hyrule of the present time. When Saria asked him how did his ancestors were at war with the Vankirks, and the Waystriders who fought the war were not the Waystriders that Saria knew of. "It happened after centuries of our deeds in the war against the demons, Saria. At first, it was a dispute over lands between my ancestors and the Vankirks. My father mentioned that the chieftain of that time was set a secret meeting with the leader of the Vankirks to quell the dispute somewhere around here in these very woods. No one knew what happened until both of the chieftains were killed." Bastian grimaced as he followed Saria who assured that they were nearly there. He stepped on the grasses and another, he followed Saria's steps from behind and he decided to continue the tale.

"Both clans started to accuse each other for the murder. Without the consent of the new chieftain, a small group of Waystriders assaulted an armed trading post which belonged to the Vankirks thus, no survivors. In retaliation, the Vankirks ambushed one of the Waystrider camps and killed everyone there. Next thing, it became a violent and bloody war between the clans." Bastian continued even though he knew that the history of the Waystriders' banishment had no happy ending. "It lasted for months until the royal family of Hyrule and the army intervened, put a stop on the war between two clans. As they sent a group of Hylian knights to investigate, it turned out that it was a group of Ganon's worshipers ambushed the chieftains to avenge their dead leader who was killed by a company of Waystriders long ago before the dispute. The cultists who were resisted the arrest were killed by the Hylian knights while the others were brought to justice." Bastian said to Saria as he pressed on.

"As the result of the clan war, my ancestors were at fault since they were the one who started the war without any investigations or consent from the royal family. As punishment, my ancestors were banished from the kingdom because they served the kingdom in the past otherwise... it would be a death penalty for all the Waystriders." Bastian grimaced as he continued on, he blamed his ancestors who started the war back in the ancient time... Only if he can go back in the ancient time and prevent it from happened. What was worse, Bastian overheard that the Vankirks of today were known as the House of Silverlions and they became a noble house. "I do not blame the royal family or the Vankirks, but I blame my ancestors who started the war and they did not investigate the matter first. Because of them, we have to live in a kingdom where the people who were lacked of honor, shunned us from their society." Bastian gnashed his teeth and he knew that he was spoke ill about his ancestors, but it was true because they were the one who raided the trading post and murdered everyone there.
Ehrandil
Ehrandil
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Saria Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:27 am

Saria stayed silent as Bastian began to tell his tale in more detail. She walked by his side through the woods listening intently to the ranger, though making sure they were still on the right path, taking note of the specifics of their surroundings.

As he stated that the clan leaders had met here to discuss matters, but had both ended up dead....Causing unrest. She looked to Gate for a moment. "I remember that...I wasn't exactly there...But I remember when they had arrived....And when their bodies were found..." she sighed shaking her head. "I still can't help but feel partially responsible for not being there to prevent it..."

As he finished the tale, she sighed looking to the ground. "A group of few causing problems for the many...Is that not how it always is?" she questioned more herself before then stating "It feels as though it was not all your ancestors, Sir Bastian. It was only a small sect of foolish ones that caused this misfortune...Regardless...I wish you luck in speaking with the princess. May you be able to return to Hyrule once more..." there was a sincerity to her words. She truly wanted his success....As the Waystriders save for ones like those who had started the war were a good and earnest people. And allies of the forest.

Finally, she stopped in front of another hollow tree trunk. "Here we are...Through here we shall be in the Kokiri Forest. I'll take you to my home and discuss any questions you may have for me there...And perhaps afterwards I can take you to the Deku Tree. He can help answer anything I cannot." she explained as she began to lead through....Out onto the cliff face overlooking the forest, where several kokiri played, their tree stump homes quite distinguishable amongst all the foliage.
Saria
Saria
Kokiri
Kokiri

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrandil Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:55 pm

Bastian remained silent after Saria comforted him and wished him luck, he nodded slightly and he followed Saria without uttered any word from his lips. As they stopped in front of a hollowed tree trunk, Bastian followed Saria from behind and listened to the Kokiri. Much to his amazement, Bastian arrived and he witnessed other Kokiri who were playing with others... like children who were having their fun without end. "By Farore..." Bastian was awed by the sight of the place where the Kokiri lived, he heard about it from stories when he was a child and now he witnessed it as an adult.

When Saria led Bastian to her home, Bastian was curious about a thing and he wanted to ask Saria about it. "The Hero, I heard in the stories that he was a Hylian... You said that you raised him, yes? What kind of person was he?" Bastian asked Saria as he continued to follow her from behind. When he was a child, Bastian heard a lot of stories from his father and the Legend of Hero was his favorite of all. All he knew that the Hero defeated the evil Ganondorf and saved the kingdom but what happened to him and the Princess was not known, Bastian was curious about it.

Perhaps now was the good time to tell Saria about his visions back in Hyrule Castle Town, "The reason that I seek you because... when I arrived Hyrule few weeks ago... I had a vision when I was in a tavern. It was a hooded figure told me that I should... search for the Hero of the present because darkness began to shadow over the lands." Bastian told Saria and he looked at the trees nearby him, "Then, the figure told me that it is time for me to reclaim the honor of my people, that is why it motivates me to seek and discuss with the princess. Then the figure disappeared before I could ask anything, I wager that the hooded figure must be... one of the deities from the heavens." Bastian said to Saria but then he became doubtful and confused in his mind, how was he going to search for the Hero without knowing who he was?
Ehrandil
Ehrandil
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Saria Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:59 am

As they made their way to Saria's home, climbing down the vines of the cliff-face, the Kokiri all turned their attention to Saria and the guest....They didn't seem judgmental....Just curious at the man. Of course, with Saria guiding him, they knew that the man was not trouble.

It wasn't long before they found their way to Saria's home, a particularly dark giant stump showing its age. Part of it was cut to form a ramp leading to the top, where a bridge connected to lead to a wooden pillar.

However, it was very evident that the door into the Stump-Home was made for a child. "Watch your head...i apologize for the height issues...Again, its not often that we have older visitors." she stated, leading him in. Much like the door, the house was made for her height. It was only one room, a table situated in the center atop a rug. In one corner was a bed, another had a small dresser, the third a small table evidently used for wood carving and clay-molding, and finally, an apparent kitchen area where a kettle boiled above a small controlled fire.

She gestured for him to take a seat, as she began to ready themselves some of the drink, listening intently to his question. She gave a sigh, faltering slightly. "The Hero...Link...He was a great man, and brother...Even if we were not related by blood, of course...He had quite a hard life. Even growing up here in these sacred woods...You see, every Kokiri has their own Guardian Fairy to help guide and protect them." she gestured to her own, Gate. "He, however, did not. As he was not truly a kokiri...I raised him until he was old enough to care for himself, but I suppose you could say I was also his only TRUE friend...I remember the day his fairy arrived to him, he was so happy to finally truly be one of us....At least before other events of that day..." she paused before shaking her head. "I apologize...You asked what he was like, not my personal memories of him...He was couragous and unyielding, that's for sure...He never backed down to help someone in need...Though he preferred to mask his own problems..." Gate then added "He also had a hatred for clay pots, and was something of a kleptomaniac..." Saria did not seem to appreciate the comment too much, the fairy giving a small laugh. "Just trying to lighten the grim mood, Saria." she assured.

The Kokiri decided to ignore her tasteless companion, bringing the finally prepared tea over to the Waystrider, taking a sip of her own as she listened to his tale. "So then Ganondorf is returning then....I had hoped my fears were unfounded...But alas...I am afraid i know not of the current Link's whereabouts...But I do know that if what you say is true...if the King of Evil is returning...I will likely be seeing him and the Princess at some point soon...When that time comes...I need to have a way to contact you...So we may regroup. And i know exactly how." she said as she stood, going to the work-table and rummaging around for a moment.
Saria
Saria
Kokiri
Kokiri

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrandil Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:44 pm

They approached a stump-looking house but Bastian was listened to Saria while his eyes were still lingered at his surroundings. When he turned his head to the front, Bastian knocked his head accidentally onto something... the door which led to Saria's house was too small for his size. Bastian rubbed his forehead as Saria told him to watch out since the door was made for any Kokiri such as herself. "Too late for that..." Bastian muttered as he lowered himself down and entered the door. As they entered the house, Bastian was amazed with the furniture and the house of a Kokiri was tidy. As Saria gestured him to seat, the Waystrider looked around for a while and founded a wooden stool... which was too small for his size. Regardless, Bastian sat down on the stool but he crushed it down and now he sat on the floor in front of the table. He remained in silent but he knew that he had horribly embarrassed himself in front of Saria.

"... Apologies, Saria. I'll get it fix right away." Bastian said and he crossed his knees on the floor, he preferred to sat there. As Saria told her story with the Hero, Bastian finally know the name of the Hero, Link and he continued to listen. He was amazed that even though that they were not blood related, Saria took care of Link as if he was her family even though he was not a Kokiri. Then when Saria mentioned that Link was happy to be one of the Kokiri until... the day he left for his quest. It seemed that his curious question about the Hero had made Saria missed him... Bastian felt guilty for his peak of curiosity, perhaps he should not ask her about the Hero if he knew this would happened. Then Saria told him that the Hero was brave and yet selfless, he did not share his burdens with others and rather masked them himself... a virtue that few possessed.

As she feared, Saria told him that she did not know the whereabouts of current Hero but she mentioned about she had a way to contact and regroup with Bastian, she walked towards to her table and tried to find something. Bastian stared at his drink on the table but he did not consume it, he viewed the reflection of his own face and he began to pulled down his hood thus his mask, he stared at his drink with his empty eyes. "... One thing I do not understand is... Why me? Why I am chosen to search for the Hero?" Bastian sounded doubtful about himself. It was true that he was a Waystrider but a Waystrider who left his home 8 years ago, he had awful scars of memories in his mind when he was a mercenary. "I've slain enemies for money in the past and I've witnessed too many atrocities in a war. I am not worthy enough to search for the Hero, my hands were stained too much blood." Bastian looked at both of his hands and his palms, and he covered his face with them and remained in brooding.
Ehrandil
Ehrandil
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Saria Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:55 pm

As Bastian wounded himself....twice....She cupped her hands in alarm. "I'm so sorry...Perhaps my home is not the best place to meet...I often forget how many differences there are between a full-grown Hyilian, and Kokiri..." she sighed, before shaking her head. "Do not worry about the stool. I can easily replace that soon." she smiled, before returning to him from the work-table, taking a seat on the floor opposite from him.

She took a drink of her tea, listening to the lament of the Waystrider then before stating "Well clearly you aren't a terrible man. I wouldn't have shown myself to you, otherwise." she stated matter-of-factly. "Everyone has done things they regret. Without regret and guilt, one may very well not be human....Relatively speaking. Those are the ones you have to be wary of." she looked to him in the eyes, Gate not having anything to say at this moment. "I wondered the same thing when my place as the Forest's Sage was revealed to me...For opposite reasons...I hadn't done anything. Or at least didn't feel I had. From what I can tell, Sir Bastian...You are more than worthy to aid the new Hero's Incarnation. I know not if it was truly the Goddesses who chose you...But that vision certainly had meaning. Ultimately though...You are the master of your fate. You can prove yourself right, lamenting past actions...Or you can move on."

She then pulled out a small clay ocarina, holding it out to him. "I want you to have this...One of my Ocarinas...It has a small amount of the Forest's magic, within. Simply play my song, and you will be able to speak with me...I will not be able to contact you first...But with this, should you ever need my assistance away from the forest...I will try to help in what way I can." and with that, she pulled out another ocarina...One that showed a bit more wear. And began to play a melody. An uplifting, childlike song that embodied the forest. Stopping to allow him to try.
Saria
Saria
Kokiri
Kokiri

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrandil Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:41 pm

The encouragement of the Kokiri lifted his spirits up, Bastian's doubts about himself were slowly dispersed but he doubt that seeking the Hero was not easy on his path. "I'm hardly a knight, Saria. A Waystrider shouldn't be addressed as sir." Bastian said to Saria with his wry smile followed, "Your encouragement gives me hope, and maybe you're right... The path I'm taking could be a redemption not for me, but for my people. I thank you, Saria." Bastian nodded with his continued smile. The Kokiri was right, the path of seeking the Hero could be a path to redemption of his past. Then, Saria handed something to him and Bastian was slightly confused.

"... An ocarina?" Bastian asked as he received the ocarina from Saria's hands. It was light and small, Bastian gazed at the small music instrument in his palm. As he gazed on, Bastian lifted his head up as Saria played her own ocarina. The melody was childlike but it was uplifting and calm, then Saria stopped and Bastian realized that she wanted him to try the ocarina in his hands. With a slight confidence, Bastian scratched his face with his finger for a moment before he tried his ocarina out. He held the tip of the ocarina near to his lips and blew it, then different sound produced and it made Bastian uneasy. "Ah forgive me, I'm not a bard like some of my kinsman." Bastian chuckled softly and he decided not to give up, he tried his newly acquired ocarina again.

This time, he played it smoothly like Saria's, he was getting onto it. Bastian stopped and he looked at his ocarina for a while and then Saria. "... I have no idea that I can play it." Bastian said to Saria and then he placed his ocarina onto his lap. "Are you saying that I can communicate with you by playing this along with the song you're teaching?" Bastian asked Saria. If that was true, this ocarina was a valuable inventory that Bastian should not lost it.
Ehrandil
Ehrandil
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Saria Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:49 am

She looked to him slightly confused as he rebutted her way of addressing him. "No...Perhaps you are not a knight...But that does not matter to me. You have accomplished much from what I have heard so far...Would you rather me call you 'Mr.' Bastian?" she asked partially joking, and partially serious with a sly smile.

As he spoke of how her words effected him, however, she took a sip of her tea before then stating "No need to thank me...I only say things as I see them...And I feel you are a man of noble virtue. And a hope for the Waystriders."

She watched as he looked over the Ocarina, giving a nod as he questioned it...And attempting it to a rather mixed result. She couldn't help but giggle slightly, trying to hold herself as she stood. "Forgive me...I should not laugh...Its just been so long since I have had to teach someone..." she stated, her memories once again going back to Link...

She shook those thoughts out, as he tried again. "Anyone can. You simply need practice. I can help if you wish..." she offered before answering his question. "Yes...It is imbued with Forest Magic....Though not quite as much as my own...Its...something I found I was always able to do, though I did not learn why until years and years later, when I was awoken of my role as a Sage..." once again going off topic. She then sat next to him, holding her own ocarina in both hands. "Yes...That song...Is my signature creation...I only teach it, and give my special ocarinas to those I greatly trust." her expression hardened slightly. "Please do not betray that trust, Sir Bastian."
Saria
Saria
Kokiri
Kokiri

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrandil Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:23 am

Bastian was amazed that this was not just an ordinary ocarina but a magical one, imbued with the magic of the Forest. The song which Saria taught was only to those whom she trusted and she gave a stern warning to the Waystrider, never betray it. Bastian was slightly unnerved by Saria's expression but he grasped his hands onto his ocarina tightly with his face of determination, "I won't, Saria." Bastian reassured the Kokiri with his determined voice tone.

One should not betray another one's trust, it would lead the downfall of the traitor... that was one of the Waystriders' tenets and he remembered them well even though he was far away from his home. Bastian himself was unyielding to betray trust because for him... trust was the most important thing that he valued to the end. However if an individual betrayed his trust then he would not forgive them even though they were his old friends.

"Since my questions and doubts got their answers, perhaps I should stay here for a while because I never been to a Kokiri Village before in my life." Bastian said and he got up from the floor and stretched for a while. "Is there any house or stump about... for my size to stay?" Bastian asked Saria jokingly.
Ehrandil
Ehrandil
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Saria Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:43 am

The Forest Sage's smile returned as he said those two words. "Good. You have no idea how happy I am to hear you say that, Sir Bastian." she giggled, before standing as well when he did. "I knew I was right about you...Forgive me for my rudeness, but I had been watching you walk through the Woods for a while before I made myself known...I knew you had a good heart...But your demeanor is so hardened, for a moment I had to second-guess my judgement for once!" she laughed slightly, before thinking a moment at his proposal to stay.

He wished to stay for a while? What a strange request...But then again, lately...Not so strange considering the amount of guests. "Not many do get to see the Kokiri Village, Sir Bastian..." she stated composing herself slightly. "But as I said before, I trust you...And after all...You won't be the only Hyilian staying with us at the moment. We actually have two others of noteworthy virtue who decided to stay with us for a time after witnessing....A most tragic event..." her face fell at that, as she thought for a moment, before looking to him again. "Of course, I can't say we have any stumps in your size...But we do have some spare homes at the moment. However, you cannot stay within this Forest for too long. Outsiders who lose their way and spend too much time within these Woods lose their humanity altogether at some point..." she trailed off as she began to lead him out of her home. "But that still doesn't explain how he lived with us for so long..." she muttered that under her breath, clearly not intending for Bastian to hear, as she seemed to once again lose herself in her thoughts.
Saria
Saria
Kokiri
Kokiri

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down