The Legend of Zelda: Shades of the Past
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Test of Might [Mission - Aberham)

2 posters

Go down

A Test of Might [Mission - Aberham) Empty A Test of Might [Mission - Aberham)

Post by Galadhion Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:32 pm

The Mad King did not have much to disagree upon, though with the recent reveal that a "hero" had appeared... many Labrynnans had scattered to Hyrule to pay their respects. This amused the king in a way - the culture of Labrynna had fallen from those legends long ago, simply paying their respects to nature and the natural course of events. There was no need to worship gods and ancient relics that may or may not exist; what we had was here, and now, among the greenery of the forests that gave our world life.

He, in the end, would go to, but only because he had other motives in mind. Eventually, it would need to be revealed that he would be taking control of Hyrule until the young princess was fit to become queen... and he would see that she marries his son before anything of the likes would happen. Because of this, Galadhion did not want to raise suspicions by popping in and out of the neighboring kingdom. He had his own kingdom to rule, and so he would simply wait out the ruling until it was time for him to attend the ceremony.

Until that day, Galadhion was in need of a set of eyes. There were several choices, though Galadhion felt that each of them were... not to be trusted. There was something about them that made him feel that they were simply not cut out, or would betray him in some way. It wasn't as if he was going to break any rules - he just needed someone to keep tabs on how the kingdom was doing. How the citizens were reacting to the new hero.

There was one man in particular who had caught King Galadhion's interest - a mercenary by the name of Aberham. Whether it was the fact that he was a man who took the dirtiest of jobs in a place like Hyrule, where being a mercenary was not exactly something you came by often, or because o the way he presented himself, he could not be sure. Still, he had made it clear: if the job interested him, he must pass a test of sorts.

And so the two had entered the Fairies Woods, Galadhion riding on the back of his large Elk in his shimmering Davenmehr armor. "The reason I have asked you to accompany me into these woods is because your test lies in the surroundings. I will require your aid in catching a bullbo. You see, it is a fierce animal of both strength and speed - two things I will require from someone who works under me. If you are able to successfully catch one, you, my friend, will be swimming in rupees," he spoke in a stately manner as he held his chin up high with his eyes never leaving the path ahead. "What say you, Aberham?"
Galadhion
Galadhion
Human
Human

Rupees : 768253

Character Sheet
EXP:
A Test of Might [Mission - Aberham) Left_bar_bleue0/15000A Test of Might [Mission - Aberham) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/15000)
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

A Test of Might [Mission - Aberham) Empty Re: A Test of Might [Mission - Aberham)

Post by Aberham Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:04 am

Aberham, on foot next to Galadhion. Knew how to address a king. He gave the man a proper bow even in his cumbersome attire. His man sized sword strapped securely onto his back. Aberham would have given up his right arm for this opportunity. He'd have paid the king, he would have literally killed for it. In the short time leading up to this meeting Aberham had been having some sweet, sweet dreams of nobility. A king never meet any lone mercenary, let alone lay out a test for him as he was being given here. Without plans for what shall happen once it is complete. Say what you will of Galadhion. But Aberham did not attribute today's events as an excuse to be generous. Or, for the sheer difference in wealth between the two. Charitable. It was time to put on a fine mask, and it was one that Abaerham had been working on in Ernest for years.

"I would say I am very much ready to catch a pig, greetings. Good king Galadhion of Labrynna. How may I service today's hunt?" Already plans flowed through his mind about how to impressively catch the pig all on his own. But he had no idea as to the extent his "aid" really meant. Regardless, he was resolute to succeed on this mission in a greater capacity than ever. He imagined his family receiving the money already. Finally having enough to pay back the debt of the farm. The vision of them moving out still seemed dreamlike, however by the mounted man next to him. Was very much possible.
Aberham
Aberham
Human
Human

Rupees : 97003

Character Sheet
EXP:
A Test of Might [Mission - Aberham) Left_bar_bleue0/5000A Test of Might [Mission - Aberham) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5000)
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

A Test of Might [Mission - Aberham) Empty Re: A Test of Might [Mission - Aberham)

Post by Galadhion Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:38 pm

He smiled at Aberham's enthusiasm. It still struck him as incomprehensible as to how so many people had such horrid things to say for his ruling. He was fair to his people, and to all people who came to him, offering lavish rewards and being very kind to his people.

It was not his fault that he was not trustful toward the other kingdoms. With Holodrum's accumulating crime and sudden, untrained prince taking charge of the kingdom, he still had no use for being involved with such a tarnished land. And now that his good friend Daphnes was dead, anything that the young princess said, no matter how unwise, could truly bend the ties of their alliance. He had no use for rulers who did not know how to properly rule, and he felt that he needed to take control of the country for her father's sake, at least until he felt she was ready to rule... and as well marry his son. He needed his legacy to live on.

And yes, he was sending spies, but only because he did not wish to upset the princess by arriving so early on. As long as he knew how the people of the land were doing, he could live comfortably under his own roof until it was time to go.

"You may catch the bullbo in any way you see fit. You will pass as long as you can catch it," he smiled. "There is no secret way to do it properly, I am simply asking that it be caught alive. That is the most important part." In Labrynna, the it was customary to give thanks to the world around them when hunting. In order to give back properly, it required a short prayer while the boar was being killed. It was taboo to kill without the giving of thanks, even when laying hands on an enemy.

Galadhion
Galadhion
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
A Test of Might [Mission - Aberham) Left_bar_bleue0/15000A Test of Might [Mission - Aberham) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/15000)
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aberham Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:07 pm

Of all of the possible stipulations that the king could have offered to Aberham. This one was certainly unexpected. He felt so foolish as to believe what the people of his hometown spoke of Galadhion, and allow it to influence his thoughts on weather or not this would be a hunt or a capture of such an animal. For a moment he berated himself, before refocusing back on the task at hand. It would certainly be much harder than simply driving his (perfectly sized for the task mind you) blade into the beasts heart.

"Understood my lord. I do believe I had such a tool that could help me in this task. Give me but ten minutes to return." He would bow and swiftly leave to go and retrieve his things from the small camp he had set up. After shifting around all of the various tools that he kept to maintain his equipment he found a solid length of chain the same color as his armor. It would do swimmingly. He returned to the king, not a minute after he had promised. "I'll be back with it on my shoulders." He promised, before heading into the Forrest.

Aberham, was no master tracker. However, he was very capable of committing his mind to a task. A trap here would take too long, noise would only serve to drive the beast away, no. With only a shade of what could possibly be one of it's tracks to guide him that he was not totally away from the beast. He set his eyes, to the task. Almost a half hour later, he heard something. A tiny, insignificant, almost cute squeal. Almost charging through the brush like a desperate fisherman with his first days catch on the line he was not at all disappointed to find a baby Bullbo. He expression was menacing, but invisible under his helm. He approached it carefully, aware of his clanking armor. The child looked like it was ready to run at even the slightest provocation and yet... He shot himself forward quickly. Putting a meaty hand almost all the way around it's form. It squealed and tried fruitlessly to shake away. Aberham held it up to let the sound go through the entire Forrest. Counting on mother to soon come. He looked out all around him for her attack.
Aberham
Aberham
Human
Human

Rupees : 97003

Character Sheet
EXP:
A Test of Might [Mission - Aberham) Left_bar_bleue0/5000A Test of Might [Mission - Aberham) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5000)
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Galadhion Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:47 am

Galadhion smiled at the enthusiasm that Aberham showed. When he had disappeared into the thick trees, Galadhion took a deep breath, closing his eyes as he halted the elk to sit still, looking around quietly for a moment to listen to the sounds of the wind blowing against the thin branches, the birds chirping, and the small creatures that roamed the earth.

He was sure that Aberham would be able to pass the test with ease, but it was something that he had to do for anyone he was employing, to see that they would show the amount of control needed for certain tasks - if he could resist killing the boar, then he'd be able to properly follow certain commands without bringing attention to himself.

Being in these woods stirred many memories in Galadhion's mind, one of which being the knight that his brother had died. He tried not to think too deeply into it, shaking these memories off as he looked down, petting the neck of his steed slowly to distract himself.

sorry for the delay, I got super sick.
Galadhion
Galadhion
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down