The Legend of Zelda: Shades of the Past
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forging New Bonds of Royal Friendship [Private - Zelda]

2 posters

Go down

Forging New Bonds of Royal Friendship [Private - Zelda] Empty Forging New Bonds of Royal Friendship [Private - Zelda]

Post by Asthar Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:48 am

The kingdom of Hyrule, a prosperous land of peace due to the union of many different of races, it was truly an example of what one should truly look towards if they wanted a successful kingdom. While sure like all kingdoms they had their own problems, but comparing their problems to the problems of Holodrum and Labrynna just made those problems look so tiny. Of course Holodrum’s problems would never truly be resolved as long at the mad man called king still reigned, but there were still somethings that could be done now that the king was sick.

In the kingdom of Hyrule, before the king named Daphnes he stood. One knee rested on the ground, his head lowered and arm across his chest. Asthar, the 14 year old prince of the prideful Holodrum had knelt before the king of Hyrule as if nothing more than a subject greeting his king. “King Daphnes Hyrule, it is an honor to meet you” Asthar said with a tone of professionalism only those of royalty held.

Laughter could only escape the lips of Daphnes as he rose up from his throne and walked over towards the young boy and placed his hands on his shoulders “I appreciate the gesture boy but there is no need to bow my boy, stand tall and proud boy! You said you speak of business with me so speak it with pride!” Daphnes said grabbing Asthar’s arms and pulled him up to his feet.

Asthar’s eyes could only widen a bit due to the man’s sudden friendliness, but in that very moment Asthar closed his eyes and chuckled softly “Always bright here in Hyrule” Asthar said softly as he looked over at Daphnes with a bright smile. “I thank you for accepting my offer of discussion. Let us hope that such a discussion shall bring forth a brighter relationship between Hyrule and Holodrum” Asthar said as Daphnes nodded in agreement.

With their introductions at an end, the two began to have their discussion about their plans for the kingdom. Though the two spend the first part of the conversation better knowing each other, they began their discussions about the kingdom and what they could do. The conversation took quite a while but in the end the two of them finally chose to conclude it.

“hmm…are you truly sure it is worth it in this time…there is only so much a mere prince can do and regardless that man is still in power…” Daphnes said in thought. While the idea of Hyrule and Holodrum becoming friends was beautiful on paper, in reality it was something that seemed almost impossible due to all the circumstances.

“Please trust me my friend, I know it seems pointless to even try, but I am not asking for you to star big. Just something small…mere small aid here and there…that’s all I really ask of you” Asthar said calmly.

“For a small kid you are pretty mature…you’ll be a great leader when you grow up…very well, I shall see what the kingdom of Hyrule can offer” Daphnes said with a smile. “Oh that’s right, I’d love it if you could meet my daughter” Daphnes said as he signaled a guard over to them “Can you inform Zelda that we have a guest and bring her over here?” Daphnes said with a smile. With a nod, the guard did as told and rushed off to bring the princess
Asthar
Asthar

Rupees : 12750

Character Sheet
EXP:
Forging New Bonds of Royal Friendship [Private - Zelda] Left_bar_bleue0/5000Forging New Bonds of Royal Friendship [Private - Zelda] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5000)
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Forging New Bonds of Royal Friendship [Private - Zelda] Empty Re: Forging New Bonds of Royal Friendship [Private - Zelda]

Post by Zelda Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:49 pm

As usual, the princess was wandering about the castle, playing her harp in her white "goddess" dress. Just a child, Zeran told Zelda the many stories of her ancestors, and how she was a direct descendant of the Goddess Hylia. Despite not knowing if she herself would be the reincarnation, Zelda loved pretending to be her. She ran about the castle, strumming her harp and "blessing" the soldiers around the castle, and the lot of them found it to be completely adorable.

When the guard had come through her bedroom door to alert her that her father had wanted to introduce her to soemone, she seemed to be nowhere in sight. The guard stood in silence for a moment, almost mortified that he may have to tell the King that Zelda was missing... again. "Zelda...? M'lady, are you in here?" he quietly looked around.

"BE GONE!" Zelda screamed as she jumped out from the curtains. "AS THE GODDESS OF THIS WORLD, I BANISH YOU FROM THE WORLD OF LIGHT, DEMISE!!!" she bellowed as she pummeled into him, causing him to fall to the ground. "Zelda--your father--" "THE GODDESS HAS SPOKEN!" "Your father really needs you downstair--" "I SMITE YOU!"

"ZELDA, ENOUGH!" a sheikah from down the hall shouted as she approached, holding the proper attire for a princess in hand. "Put these on. The Prince of Holodrum has graced us with his presence and it would be in your best interest to introduce yourself before your father gets upset." Zelda groaned, taking the dress and shooeing the Soldier out so that she could quickly get dressed.

She hated all these rules about being proper. And unfortunately, she was a troublemaker who needed to be reminded more than once how to behave in front of guests of honor.

The sheikah held her hand sternly as she guided her down the hall before entering the main throne room. "Your highness, the princess has arrived and I assure you will be on her best behavior." the Sheikah nodded before bowing and stepping out of the room. Zelda simply stood at the far end from them, looking down, her face red and full of shame. She really hoped that the guards wouldn't tell her father about this. She slowly stepped toward them, adjusting her posture and keeping a straight face. "You wanted to see me, father?"
Zelda
Zelda
Human
Human

Rupees : 877020

Character Sheet
EXP:
Forging New Bonds of Royal Friendship [Private - Zelda] Left_bar_bleue445/15000Forging New Bonds of Royal Friendship [Private - Zelda] Empty_bar_bleue  (445/15000)
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Forging New Bonds of Royal Friendship [Private - Zelda] Empty Re: Forging New Bonds of Royal Friendship [Private - Zelda]

Post by Asthar Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:48 pm

It had honestly taken quite a while waiting for the princess to arrive and Asthar was getting pretty bored, but even so Asthar did actually want to meet the precious daughter that Daphnes talked quite a bit about during their conversation and he held some interest in the princess holding the name Zelda.

“There you are!” Daphnes said with a bright smile as he walked over to his daughter and grabbed her by her shoulders and began to push her towards Asthar. “No need to be so far away, I have somebody I want you to meet!” Daphnes said before finally brining the little girl towards the teen. “This is my daughter Zelda” Daphnes said happily

Asthar raised an eyebrow quite perplexed on how energetic the king seemed however he could only chuckle slightly before looking over at the princess. “Pleasure to meet you, my name is Asthar, prince of Holodrum” Asthar said as he placed one arm across his chest and gave her a bow.

Daphnes could only laugh slightly as he watched the two. “I’ll leave the two of you alone; get to know each other better!” Daphnes said without letting his daughter speak before walking off, leaving the two alone.

And then there was silence. Asthar stood there with his eyes closed and arms crossed, a wide smile resting upon his face. “So you’re the Princess Zelda…” Asthar said suddenly raising his head upwards as he brushed his hair backwards, holding his bangs upwards as he kept his hand on his head “Ah Zelda! Oh truly such a name while beautiful in its own right cannot measure with the beauty that stands before me here!” Asthar said with a great dramatic tone in his voice. He kept his head and hand remaining in the same position, but he opened his eye to take a peek at the princess. “Ah! truly a beauty that cannot be matched!” Asthar said as he suddenly moved from his position. In a quick and swift movement he immediately stood directly in front of the princess and immediately held her hands “Oh I truly cannot bear it anymore! I must make you mine!” Asthar said as if nothing more than a love blind fool. He brought up one of her hands and gave the back of it a little kiss before lowering it with a soft smile. “And so I ask you this...Marry me” Asthar said softy.
Asthar
Asthar

Character Sheet
EXP:
Forging New Bonds of Royal Friendship [Private - Zelda] Left_bar_bleue0/5000Forging New Bonds of Royal Friendship [Private - Zelda] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5000)
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Zelda Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:24 am

...Was he serious? Not only was Zelda really confused, she didn't know how to handle this information. Was this all a set up? Or was he joking? From what she remembered, she was supposed to marry Prince Percy when they were old enough. He must have known that... right? "Uh..." she murmured, taking a few steps back as her eyes widened. "Wait a second... so you're the prince of Holodrum...?" she mused.

This was really weird. She was just a kid, and she's already dealing with the courting and marriage politics. "I uh... I'm not sure if I can!" she said quickly to his proposal. "I'm sworn to another, the prince of Labrynna," she admitted. "And I barely know you. Wouldn't that be weird? And you're old..." she chuckled. "You know I'm only ten, right? I don't think my father would be very happy if I married someone I just met."
Zelda
Zelda
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Forging New Bonds of Royal Friendship [Private - Zelda] Left_bar_bleue445/15000Forging New Bonds of Royal Friendship [Private - Zelda] Empty_bar_bleue  (445/15000)
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Asthar Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:23 am

His hands slowly began to release the princess’s own hands and his eyes widened as he watched her take a few steps back. He listened to her words Asthar suddenly brought his hand to his chest and clenched it tightly. “Oh! My heart!” Asthar said clenching his chest as if his heart was shot. “Oh how cruel could a girl of such beauty be! Oh how she took my heart and stomped it without a true care! Oh the shame!” Asthar said with sorrow as he backed away and held his forehead with his eyes closed until he suddenly looked up at Zelda with a sudden look of bewilderment.

“wait did you just call me old?!” Asthar said, the dramatic tone in his voice he had been speaking to her with suddenly vanishing as he walked up to the princess with an unamused look on his face. “I’m only fourteen! That’s far from old!” Asthar said crossing his arms, but suddenly closed his eyes as he started to begin to laugh “Pfffft though you really should have seen your face kid, oh boy was that amusing, though I do have to give you kudos for the response…it was well said…excluding calling me old” Asthar said. His tone was bright and friendly and the dramatic tone he used was completely gone…though there was a hint of bitterness when he said the word “old”. He looked down upon the young princess and closed his eyes with a grin as he patted her head “But still! Nice work!” Asthar said repeatedly patting her head lightly. He was enjoying himself a bit, but there was something that the princess had said that caught his attention that Asthar has not expected. Regardless this thought did not show upon his face at all and he looked as carefree as ever.

Asthar
Asthar

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Zelda Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:21 pm

Zelda was very confused. At first he seemed so dramatically infatuated, and now? It's as if his entire demeanor had changed in an instant. She blinked a few times in wonder, watching him as he spoke, a mystical look about him as if he had everything he needed at his fingertips. Not necessarily in a selfish or pompous way, but in such a way that he had the resources and knowledge to do so - almost cunningly.

"Wait... what?"
she finally said as he had suddenly patted her. She shook her head and then tilted it slightly in his direction as she watched him, trying to get a feel for what he was trying to accomplish or do. "I don't get it. That was a joke?" she asked finally. This kid was a lot different than Perseus. Perseus was shy and quiet, and Asthar? Every... excitable.

She wasn't sure if he was just picking on her, or if he was just the type of person who liked to mess with people.
Zelda
Zelda
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Asthar Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:38 pm

He continued to laugh however one he opened his eyes once more he couldn’t help but laugh some more. Her confused face looked kind of cute, but not in a cute way that got him attracted to her, quite far from that. Having stopped petting her hair as if petting a dog, Asthar closed his eyes and grinned. “Of course I’m joking” Asthar said before brushing some of his bangs of hair away from his face quite gracefully as he opened one eye and looked over at her. “See, I’m a bit too young for the concept of marriage and I’d rather not be chained down to one woman just yet…especially a snot nosed kid like youself….er no offense” Asthar said scratching the back of his head with a chuckle at the last bit of his sentence.

Opening his eyes he calmly smiled as he looked at the girl. “You see, I tend to believe that an unexpected and peculiar introduction tends to be the one that sticks out the most. As such I truly hope this meeting will be one that will be remembered for quite the long time. As such I truly hope our friendship lasts quite a long time as well” Asthar said with a smile. He could only recall the conversation with Daphnes and how much he spoke about his daughter. What the man truly wished of Asthar was quite simple and it was to befriend his daughter. It was quite touching really, and he knew it must have been great to have a father that loved their child.

Asthar
Asthar

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Zelda Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:09 am

Well, at least he was joking... but snot nosed kid? Zelda frowned slightly at the thought - did she really come off as that unappealing to people? She was only ten, but she still didn't want to come off as a childish... but as she began to think about it, she started to realize that maybe she was. She was always the trouble maker, making her father angry and giving the Sheikah a run for their money... and she was always daydreaming of being the goddess.

Maybe it was time for her to grow up a bit and actually act like a princess, despite not wanting to be one. She sighed internally as she looked down, pursing her lips, feeling a pit form in her stomach. It was no wonder her father didn't like having her travel with him - how could he show off his daughter when she barely acted the part of a royal? She shifted her weight between each foot before trying to recollect herself and looking back up at Asthar.

"You want to be my friend?" she asked, almost confused. "No one wants to really get close to me unless they want something I've realized," she grimaced. "Is there something that you want from me?"
Zelda
Zelda
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Asthar Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:30 am

Asthar’s smile remained on his face as he watched the girl before him, but eventually that smile began to slowly lower as he watched the unenergetic kid he was as assuming she would be. Asthar’s first thought was wondering if she was shy or something of the sort, but just looking at her he could tell ther was something more to this, but couldn’t exactly tell what it was. He couldn’t help but raise an eyebrow at her the very moment she begun to speak at him.

Asthar listened to her words and then he crossed his arms as she spoke. His calm face began to gradually change as she spoke, turning more and more upset as she spoke. Soon his teeth were clenched tight together as he gripped his arm tightly. The very moment Zelda finished her words, Asthar’s eyes opened, an annoyed and quite angry look formed on his face “ARE YOU AN IDIOT?!” Asthar suddenly yelled out as he placed both hands on her shoulders. “Listen! If somebody wants to get close to you just for something from you they are sure as hell not your friend!” Asthar said as he closed his eyes and let out a sigh. “Being royalty can be hard I know, but you cannot lose who you are ok? You cannot let anybody else decide your path” Asthar said more soft and gentle as he placed his hand on top of her head and began to ruffle her hair. “You’re only a snot nosed brat…so start acting like one!” Asthar said closing his eyes with a friendly grin “I sure as hell have nothing I want from a kid like you, so let us just be friends alright? You look after me and I look after you, let’s just have fun together and make each other laugh, that’s all that matters” Asthar said opening his eyes as he looked at her face with a smile. He knew how hard it was to be the heir, the sacrifices one had to make, and he didn’t wish for Zelda to walk it alone without friends.

Asthar
Asthar

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Zelda Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:45 am

Zelda's eyes widened when she suddenly heard Asthar shout. His hands were on her shoulders as she gasped in surprise, being shaken for a moment before he suddenly spoke a bit more softly. So... now it was okay that she was childish? She couldn't quite comprehend what exactly he was asking from her, but he did seem to care quite a deal about her, for some strange reason.

So he genuinely wanted to be her friend? She blinked for a moment and nodded slightly, "Alright... let's be friends then," she smiled sheepishly. She didn't really get to talk to or hang out with many kids her age, and while Asthar was older than her, it was only by a few years. "So... what exactly do we do now?" she blinked. "I don't really get to spend time with people closer to my age."
Zelda
Zelda
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Asthar Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:35 am

Zelda had finally smiled, truly a good sign for Asthar. What Asthar wanted was for the two of them to get along with each other and most of all he wanted her to smile and enjoy herself. The smile was small and meek, but it was a smile regardless and it showed that the small princess was willing to open up to him a bit. Asthar himself did not have many friends either. Though he was pretty close to some of the townspeople, it was different. In the end they knew one side of him, but the other side was completely alone. More and more as time when his life just seemed like it revolved around that one side and the other side was starting to be eclipsed.

Asthar really did begin to feel alone and all he really had was that detestable man that he called father. He knew that he would find an ally in Zelda, a friend that he could help sooner or later. “Well now…hmm” Asthar said as he begun to cross his arms and close his eyes in thought. “Oh! I know!” Asthar said as he opened his eyes and looked down at her once more. “I really haven’t been able to get a good look around Hyrule, maybe you can show me around the castle? You can tell me more about yourself as we go” Asthar said quite intrigued at the idea of looking around the castle. Sure Daphnes wouldn’t have minded to show him around, but Asthar felt that might have been quite a dull tour if the old man showed him around.

Asthar
Asthar

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Zelda Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:17 pm

So he wanted a tour of the castle? Well, it was a good thing she knew this castle better than anyone else who lived in it. Since she was not allowed to leave the castle very often, she had to figure out on her own how to have fun. So she often spent her time exploring the castle and finding where secret rooms and other exciting things lay hidden.

She smiled lightly and nodded, starting to walk away. "Alright, follow me. We'll start with the ground floor and work our way up!" she nodded. She started heading for the left side of the castle, where most of the armories and sacred items were held. Things that belonged to her descendants and were kept on display as antique relics. "I used to sneak out of the castle a lot. I still do sometimes, but my dad is starting to catch on, I think..." she shrugged. "I only have one other friend, but I haven't seen him very much lately."

She wondered if he was okay. The last few times that she had visited their home, no one was there. It was if they had moved away. She had hoped that wasn't true. "But when I don't go out, I like to explore this place. It's huge, and has a lot of different secret passages that I'm not even sure the Sheikah know about."
Zelda
Zelda
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Asthar Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:48 pm

With the little princess leading the way, Asthar happily followed with a bright smile upon his face and his arms resting in the bright pink and blue jacket he wore. He did like the jacket quite a deal as it was quite comfy and it did attract the ladies, something he was hoping to do with the Hyrulian ladies, but him being stuck in the castle kind of dampened that thought. Regardless, Asthar was enjoying himself much more than he originally thought. It was nice having a friend that understood the pain of royalty.

“Sneaking out of the kingdom and exploring the town without their father knowing…heh sounds far too familiar” Asthar said as he looked down at the girl “You and I are a lot alike little Zellie. I used to do the very same…still do actually…” Asthar said giving the girl a mischievous wink before he looked forward. “Being confined into the castle really sucks big time. It’s nice to be able to explore around the world, see the real world and people outside the walls of the castle” Asthar said before he looked back over at the girl and gave her a warm smile. “I know your father is probably being tough on you and I think he should lighten up…but just know he is doing this because deeply cares for you…and loves you alot…” Asthar said softly before glancing forward, a calm look resting upon his face.
Asthar
Asthar

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down