- c a r p e - n o c t e m 」

View previous topic View next topic Go down

- c a r p e - n o c t e m 」

Post by ☆ Super Smash Bro on Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:09 am

It was a day of celebration—The Goron metropolis hummed with activity for the days entirety. Earthbound people opened their doors to those who called this lush land home to join in the festivities. Games were played, food consumed, and spirits were high as folks enjoyed each others company. The Goron elite patrolled, each massive creature clad in samurai-esque armor and outfitted with weapons crafted by The Goron's best Smith. Despite their daunting appearance, even The Elites joined the merriment when the opportunity presented itself. The City of Jolly Giants showed no sign of ceasing the festival—those who partook showed nothing but happiness. However, deeper within the cavern—in The Chieftains war chambers, Konungr discussed matters that couldn't wait with the council of Goron Elders. These seven individuals made sure their earthbound brethren prospered, while keeping their very young ruler on the right path.

"We're slowing losing this battle. Soon all the access channels of Death Mountain will fall under Their control if proper actions aren't taken."

Konungr spoke to the Wise One's surrounding him as he sat in the middle of the seven; Indian Style with those round eyes of his closed. His words trembled throughout the entire chamber to reflect his earth shaking mood. Each Elder saw the splitting image of the late Chieftain before them as he spoke—passion and all. After a moment of deathly silence, the only female among the council spoke—her words soft and motherly by nature. "Are you suggesting we throw our people deeper into the fray, Young Patriarch? We have lost many to the Evil stretching across Death Mountain. Fighting two fights simultaneously will cause collateral damage no amount of time will fix. This fact hasn't fled from your skull has it?"

The harden gaze of a ruler fixated on The Elder—he expected this response, but still found himself at a total loss of words. How would he retort?

"You make it sound as If I have lost my sense of empathy, Wise One. I'm fully aware of the danger my suggestion carries, but the danger is no greater than the impending outcome if we do nothing. I've grown sick of seeing our people suffer due to my own ignorance. I know what needs to be done and it can be accomplished in one final push."

"But at what cost, Folk?" Konungr fell silent, the answer was an obvious one—the death of many. He couldn't bring himself to speak it despite the outcome playing through his mind over and over again. She continued if he wouldn't speak. "You have our faith and blessing, Young Patriarch. You'll do the right thing when the moment presents itself. You're frustrated and worried, I can see it seething off you. Leave, go and enjoy The Day of King's and greet those that adore and admire you. Look into their eyes and you'll find the answer you are looking for."

Konungr rose to his feet—his chest bare as washboard abs were on full display. One by one each Elder gave their respects with a bow before vanishing with the help of magic. Konungr was now alone as the massive stone slab door sealing this chamber and the rest of the city off slowly opened by some unknown force. As he departed, his adviser stood at the ready; The Chieftain's traditional white haori in arms for him to don. Grabbing the article, he slipped one arm in at a time while making his way to the balcony overlooking the entire City. Behind Konungr, his adviser spoke; her words casual per-usual. "Carpe Noctem, brother. It translates to "seize the night." This is a joyous day, one in which you of all people should be enjoying. Seize this moment and let your troubles flee your soul." He nodded in compliance, those heavy steps of his descending down the elevated ramps to take him to the lower levels where all the fun was being had.

Carpe Noctem. 

Spoiler:
By joining this thread you give automatic consent regarding the usage of overpowered Goron NPCs. If any troubles are caused, they will thusly interfere and stop you and possibly throw you into containment. This is supposed to be a casual fun thread; made for interaction and potential plots to form. Act out of hand at your own risk.

And by learning from the Myth, a Man takes action ,

And through it all, the cycle of greatness continues ,

|[  ]|  ✒
☆ Super Smash Bro
Goron
Goron

Rupees : 19500

Character Sheet
EXP:
0/15000  (0/15000)
Statistics :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: - c a r p e - n o c t e m 」

Post by Zelda on Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:34 pm

Zelda had heard news of the Carpe Noctem Festival, and was incredibly excited to be able to attend. Her father had visited the festival in the past, but did not allow her to attend because he felt she was too young to travel at the time. She never traveled outside of Castle Town much unless it was on business with the other kingdoms, and despite being in an era of peace with not many worries, there were still the every day troubles of dealing with bandits and anyone who may take interest in taking the princess for their own means.

She had spoken of the festival to many at the castle and encouraged them to attend with her if they were worried about her going alone, though many seemed to trust her judgment. Perseus, Prince of Labrynna had made comment that he was interested in attending, but it would all depend on whether his father had business for him that day or not. There really wasn't much discussion if the King said something else was more important.

She had been wearing a rather casual dress, not only for comfort for the festivities, but also to show that she was an equal among them, only there to give her respects and not show off her riches. Riding in a rather simple carriage to not gather attention from bandits or outsiders, it made its stop just outside the Goron City, the coach smiling and tipping his hat for her to exit. She smiled, nodding as pulled the drapes of the carriage, stepping out quietly as she made her way into the city, trying not to make much commotion of her arrival.
Zelda
Human
Human

Rupees : 877020

Character Sheet
EXP:
445/15000  (445/15000)
Statistics :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Saria on Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:55 am

Saria sat in the carriage with the princess in anticipation, looking out the window at the sites constantly. It had literally been ages since she had been able to see Death Mountain...Sure there was the tunnel that led directly to the Goron City...Or at least the last time she had gone through it before the other Kokiri became xenophobic once again after the leaders they had known passed on and....

She shook herself out of such thoughts as she turned to look to the Princess and their other travel-mates, giving a nervous smile as she realized she had been letting her excitement get the better of her as she saw the fields of Hyrule become more rocky and barren....Though it was now more jagged and rocky, her unbridled joy at seeing the mountain up close once again was tangible.

Like the princess, she was dressed simply. Her normal tunic to be exact, though around her neck was the tan scarf with the symbol of the Gorons. Gate was currently hiding within it so as to not attract any more attention. The scarf had been gifted to her recently...It may have clashed with....Well....Everything else about her...But it was still a valued gift, and one she felt may be important here. After all....The words Konungr had spoken still haunted her.

It took great prodding to get him to say it, but he had told her of some sort of war happening with the Gorons...Yet...They held a festival? She hoped to receive more information.

As the princess stepped out, she followed behind, watching her step due to how much higher it was up for her. Giving a stretch, she took in the sights of the mountain, and the view it held...As well as the festivities taking place before them.

She gave a gasp at that, a grin creeping to her as she cupped her cheeks in her hands. Looking back to the princess, she gave a deep bow "Thank you so much for inviting me, your majesty...It has been so long since my last visit here...Its even more lively than I remember!"

"Oh, you're leaving... I always knew that one day, this day would come. I've always known we're so different, and I'm not sad, because you have a lot ahead of you. I want you to take this. Don't forget me."~Saria
Saria
Kokiri
Kokiri

Rupees : 76526

Character Sheet
EXP:
0/5000  (0/5000)
Statistics :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☆ Super Smash Bro on Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:45 am

Two twelve foot Goron of mixed blood—Hyrule and Norse greeted the regal princess and forest dweller with welcoming smiles before bowing in unison to show respect towards the royal linage the female Hylian hailed from. One eyed the heir to the castle—the dress she wore was absolutely stunning even to a Goron's standards. His brother did the same to the Kokiri, he took note of the scarf almost instantly and gave a jolly chuckle—tapping the chest plate of his brother for him to took note of the special piece of cloth too. Ah, so the forest dweller knew of their chieftain on a personal level? Interesting... Without further ado, both Goron took side steps to allow the princess and Kokiri access to the thumping metropolis. As they entered, a set of young eyes fixated upon them—starry-eyed and captivated by the breathtaking beauty of the princess. The child ran into the collective pit of bodies and passed the information on to another Goron who did the same to another Goron, who did the same to another Goron, and so on and so forth. In minutes, a Goron elite would casual stroll up to Konungr and his adviser and relay the message to the desired target—himself.

"The princess is here? With a Kokiri donning The Mark? Thank you, folk."

Both Warrior's partook in a customary handshake before the Elite went back to his duties. Konungr's adviser inched her way to his side and spoke regarding this matter with a subtle smirk. "Safe to assume this is the same Kokiri from your venture into their domain not to long ago, brother?" He nodded as they strolled with the steady foot traffic. "But The Princess of our land? Truly an honor in it's own right." Konungr had his muscular arms crossed against his equally muscular chest as the female tried to make heads or tails of such unexpected guests. "The heir to this land; Princess Zelda has always been benevolent and peace loving. I believe she is here to pay her respects to our ancestors as her father did in cycles past." She giggled, "Quite the ruler to-be." Konungr nodded once again, those golden eyes of his fixating on the special guests a few meters ahead of where he stood. Approaching both Zelda and Saria, he maintained a stoic front—but the enthusiasm displayed by his present adviser was more than enough to reflect her own and his. Per-usual, he towered over them. So much so, he was practically looking at the ground when addressing the forest-dweller and glancing at the scarf he bestowed upon her. Zelda however, albeit short to his own gargantuan stature, Konungr eyed the heir the same way he eyed his own adviser. "Princess Zelda, Saria. Let me welcome you to my domain and may The Day Of Kings bring you prosperity for another cycle. I hope you two didn't traverse the fields alone for this celebration?" He asked—half concerned, half curious.

Last edited by ☆ Super Smash Bro on Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:57 pm; edited 6 times in total

|[  ]|  ✒
☆ Super Smash Bro
Goron
Goron

Character Sheet
EXP:
0/15000  (0/15000)
Statistics :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zelda on Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:27 pm

"I am grateful to be able to attend such an event," Zelda smiled lightly as she approached the chieftain with the Kokiri by her side. She was quite surprised at just how festive it actually was - there were more gorons than she could ever imagine in one place, all together for one event. It truly was fascinating and wonderful to her that everyone came here for an entire day simply to rejoice and be together as one.

When Konungr had then asked if she and the sage had traveled alone, Zelda brought her eyes back to his and nodded. "It was the two of us and our coachmen, who also acts as a guard. If anything were to happen, I know my way with a weapon as well, so I was not too worried. We brought as little attention as possible with us on the way here," she explained. There was not much to be afraid of in the fields of Hyrule, at least in plain sight. They took the route through Kakariko Village to ensure safety as well.

"I am very curious of how such an event as of this began and what it means to the gorons," Zelda nodded. "My father often talked about this festival, but I was too young at the time to accompany him myself when he had come. What does this day represent?"
Zelda
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
445/15000  (445/15000)
Statistics :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Saria on Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:16 pm

Saria took in the sights as they stepped out of the carriage, watching the Goron People and other residents of the land celebrate as they approached the guards. She was a bit nervous seeing all the attention they were getting, but she was not surprised in the least. After all...She was a member of a seldom-seen species, and was traveling with the princess of the land. It would be more odd if they hadn't been noticed at all, blending into the crowd.

There was also the matter of her scarf. Being a sign of trust that the Goron Chief only gave to those he trusted enough to the tribe. She noticed the two guards looking to it knowingly as they let the two into the festival.

As Konnungr approached, her smile widened into a grin as she gave a deep bow to the giant of a man."Its nice to see you again Mr. Konnungr...Er...Your majesty!" she backpedaled realizing her error. She sheepishly rubbed the back of her neck "It seems our positions have been reversed since our last encounter..."

She let the princes do most of the talking as she asked about the festival's purpose she was honestly curious too. She stood back a bit, though she did help answer the Goron Chief question. "Yes, there were no troubles on the way...I am happy to see Kakariko was just as welcoming as I remember, though its certainly changed since the last time I saw it."

"Oh, you're leaving... I always knew that one day, this day would come. I've always known we're so different, and I'm not sad, because you have a lot ahead of you. I want you to take this. Don't forget me."~Saria
Saria
Kokiri
Kokiri

Character Sheet
EXP:
0/5000  (0/5000)
Statistics :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☆ Super Smash Bro on Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:02 pm

They traveled through Kakariko Village by coach? Konungr exhaled a sigh of mental relief as that stoic front of his simply nodded in a pseudo-retort. Many Goron laid stationed in Kakariko for many reasons—the main reason to ensure their home stayed safe from outside trouble. Though, the guards also doubled as Kakariko's personal task force; whenever an issue reared, they handle it to the best of their ability. Taking all that into account, the roads between Death Mountain and Kakariko remained relatively safe—the occurrences of monsters mob's still an everlasting threat, but one the Goron kept maintained and quelled. Though the Heir knew how to work a weapon if need be, so Konungr could put his subtle worry at ease, if only for the moment. Truth be told, he contemplated doubling on guards from here to Hyrule to further ensure The Princesses return home remained safe and worry free. But would that prove disrespectful to the Hylian Heir? Hm... No matter. Konungr bestowed steady eyes on the forest-dweller and further nodded as she added support to The Princesses words. Though his adviser would giggle upon hearing the title the forest-dweller gave to the Chieftain. "They are very pleasant, brother. I like them." She spoke, playfully nudging Konungr as she departed from the group with slow steps.

"Kakariko is the product of Human, Goron, and Hylian architecture. A humble and small village, but there is no other place like it within our land, Saria. Over time, things change." He knew the Kokiri had more than three centuries of age on him, plus the life of seclusion her and her people lived, but, out of respect for her and himself, he wouldn't mention neither fact—women hate being reminded how old they were, right? Then he looked back at Zelda, his gaze a bulwark for his emotionless and prideful exterior. A soft smile enveloped the rugged visage of The Chieftain as he began to speak once again. "Today, The Day Of King's, we Goron pay respect for our forefathers and the sacrifices they have made for our people and our future. But it goes beyond just the Goron and our Creed. We give thanks to all leaders and activists of past cycles who have fought for noble causes. We celebrate in their honor. My explanation gives the significance of this day very little justice." He looked at Zelda, "Hylian Heir", then he looked at Saira, "Saira, if you both will follow me I'll show you personally the true significance of this day and the true meaning behind it. Similar to how my father showed yours, Princess. It's almost customary." If they followed, he'd lead them to the answer they sought after.      

|[  ]|  ✒
☆ Super Smash Bro
Goron
Goron

Character Sheet
EXP:
0/15000  (0/15000)
Statistics :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zelda on Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:11 pm

Zelda was a bit relieved that their sudden arrival did not cause any kind of uproars. Despite being loved by so many, she never wanted to show up to something and take the spotlight away. She only wanted to enjoy with her people. When Konungr had explained what the Day of Kings was about, she started to grin widely and nod, knowing now why her father had attended such an event.

"That's wonderful," she started. "So all gorons from the three kingdoms are here tonight? Or is this how large the populace has become?" She used to read the journals of her ancestors, talking about how the Goron Village was a small community, and it seemed to have grown into quite the hub. Despite having such a different culture than that of the humans, they were still Hyrulians.

She had wished that her father was able to attend with her. She knew how much he had loved this festival, and though he hadn't attended it in quite a few years, he always showed his interest and respect by sending some sort of gift. As he got older, he found that he just did not have the time to travel unless for political discussion. Maybe now that she was old enough to handle things on her own, he'd have been able to attend one last time.
Zelda
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
445/15000  (445/15000)
Statistics :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Saria on Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:14 pm

Saria blushed slightly as Konungr's adviser laughed at her slip-up, but she breathed a sigh of relief knowing that hadn't caused any offense. After all, he was their chief, and during their first meeting he had told her of his values on respect for those he was visiting the domain of. She wished to show him the same courtesy.

As he stated that things changed over time on her comment on how different Kakariko and the mountain seemed different since her last visit. She gave a small nervous laugh at that. "Oh I know...It has been ages since my last visit, after all. I only meant that I should have been expecting it. Even the Forest itself has changed greatly over time, and yet...I never realized just how much until stepping out once again."

But she decided not to focus on that, falling quiet again as Konungr began to explain the holiday's importance, the princess asking questions of her own.She was curious of the same things. As well as what exactly he meant by going 'beyond the Goron.'....Was that supposed to mean that they also celebrated the Zora, and Hylian leaders? What of the Gerudo considering their circumstances? She kept these questions to herself, however, giving a nod as the Goron Chief offered to guide them to where he claimed would show the true importance of the day. She gave a willing smile, and nod as she quietly followed behind.

Saria
Kokiri
Kokiri

Character Sheet
EXP:
0/5000  (0/5000)
Statistics :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content