The Legend of Zelda: Shades of the Past
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Return from the Sand. [Aberham]

2 posters

Go down

Return from the Sand. [Aberham] Empty Return from the Sand. [Aberham]

Post by KingWestie Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:03 am

Oddyss sighed as he walked through the east entrance to Horon City, because of how two children who had been playing near the gate stopped what they were doing and stared at him. "Why do people always have to stare at me? Am I really that strange?" he muttered to himself, as he walked further into the city. He then saw the sign of the 'Four Seasons Inn', an Inn he had been staying at for a while. The young Twili began to walk faster as parents began holding onto their children, some by holding hands and some by pulling them close and wrapping their arms around their child, and he could tell they found him to be a threat or danger of some sort. It probably didn't help that he had an incredibly tired look on his face and two small vials slotted into two holders on his bag. He then opened the door to the Inn and glared at some of the parents before stepping inside and closing the door. "The hell is their problem?" he sighed to himself, before sitting on a stool by the bar area of the Inn.

Last edited by KingWestie on Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:00 am; edited 2 times in total
KingWestie
KingWestie
Twili
Twili

Rupees : 17247

Character Sheet
EXP:
Return from the Sand. [Aberham] Left_bar_bleue0/5000Return from the Sand. [Aberham] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5000)
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Return from the Sand. [Aberham] Empty Re: Return from the Sand. [Aberham]

Post by Aberham Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:44 am

A knight walked into the four seasons inn. His armor was black and his red cape fell down to his feet once he was out of the wind. He walked up to a sturdy bar stool and sat down, it groaned under his weight, or more precisely the weight of his armor. He was a tall man, standing six feet six inches tall. He had to wave the bartender over because he avoided him out of fear. "Hey do you got any premium milk here?" The old man shook his head. "No. Not on this side of the world anyway, that's something they only have in Hyrule. Want some goats mil-" The knight interrupted him quickly. "Uhh, no that's fine. I'll just take a bottle of apple cider then. Hold the booze."

As the bartender went to go fetch a glass bottle of cider Aberham looked up to the ceiling. For all the things he had done in his life, bringing dragons down from the sky's, fighting cyclopes, knight execution squads, bandit gangs. He really had just become well known in Hyrule. He would bet that very few people in here even knew the title of the dark knight, and only very few well educated sorts would be able to tell he was actually the great knight himself. The bartender said "Umm sir, you have something on your..." He looked at his shoulder and saw an arrow lodged in a chink of his armor. "Oh that's embarrassing." He pulled it out and set it on the table. The bartender tossed it under the counter to deal with later. When he looked over to take the arrow out he did he saw a young man with a very particular set of features. He had only seen a Twili once before in his entire life, and at the time he was to stupid to realize what she was. Since then he had been studying magic extensively. He could not quite stop looking at him.
Aberham
Aberham
Human
Human

Rupees : 97003

Character Sheet
EXP:
Return from the Sand. [Aberham] Left_bar_bleue0/5000Return from the Sand. [Aberham] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5000)
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by KingWestie Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:20 pm

Oddyss glanced to his left, realizing that the dark knight was staring at him. He then looked at the bartender and ordered a glass of water before pulling a strange book out of it and wiping some dust  and sand off of it before opening it. The bartender then returned with a bottle of apple cider and a glass of water, before setting them on the table, turning to the Twili and asking ""So, you find what you were lookin' for, about those marks?", whilst trying to make out the strange writing. "No...but I did find this book, which is interesting." Oddyss muttered, flicking through the pages before closing the book and turning to the knight. He turned his head to the side and said, with barely any emotion in his voice, "Is there anything strange about me?"
KingWestie
KingWestie
Twili
Twili

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aberham Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:35 pm

"Ehh, yeah. Don't see much of your race around these days. But your hardly ugly." He did not really want to insult him, he was not feeling it today. He just sipped his drink and thought about the Twili's conversation. Aberham was no master, but he had been using runes for his basic sorcery. He even had such runes in his armor that way he could boost his own physical strength. He knew Twili could go into another world at will while others had to use breathtakingly expensive magical artifacts. He had thought before of how useful it would be to have a Twili in the army. Could he take other people there? Having a military base there would be about as useful defensively as having a castle on the moon. He knew that many Twili were very proficient in magic, well if you want to be the best you got to learn from the best. He turned his head back towards him and asked. "Would you happen to be a caster? I've been training myself."
Aberham
Aberham
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by KingWestie Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:43 pm

"Yes, I am a caster, although I would only class myself as a novice." Oddyss nodded, guessing where the conversation would go. As he drank the water, he pulled an oval shaped package out of his bag and began unwrapping it, revealing it to be a loaf of bread. He then sighed and muttered "It is interesting to see a knight training in magic along with sword fighting. And, if you were going to ask...No, I will not join your army. Unless it is waged on a place you hold dear, there is no reason to fight in a war...It is just senseless murder behind the guise of courageous devotion and sacrifice. before he began eating. After he swallowed a piece of the bread, he turned back towards the bartender and said "And there is a reason why you don't see many Twili in any of the three lands.
KingWestie
KingWestie
Twili
Twili

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aberham Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:54 pm

"Well my sister was a mage and I believe that there is something to be had in being a multidisciplinary fighter. Thats not very polite, declining before I even ask you. There is a tremendous war coming and you won't even think about joining the winning side? At the moment it would be considered an honor to join my kings crusade in any way. Why don't you tell me why there are not many of your people around then? I am not particularly well read in the terms of your history. Most people round these parts would take the twili for a mere myth." He could persuade him to join, one way or another he thought to himself. Ganondorf was a worthy king for any man...
Aberham
Aberham
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by KingWestie Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:24 pm

"I'll answer all of your question for you, one by one...Plus, I agree with you on the multidisciplinary idea...and I don't care about politeness." Oddyss sighed, cursing under his breath about the 'winning side' and 'honour' arguments. "I'll start with that war and 'winning side'... I won't give a damn about it unless it affects me and there is no winning side...even if there are no casualties, and you win, you still loose due to murder. If I fight, it will be neutrally, until either side crosses the line, then I pick a side. And an honour about joining your king's crusade, huh? Why would murdering for the will of a single guy be such a grand achievement? he shouted, stopping for a moment to catch his breath. "...and the history of our race?...Our ancestors tried to use dark magic to harness the power of the Triforce, the 'pure and holy' soldiers of Hyrule mercilessly shot their dreams down...and then they drove their message about the Triforce belonging to Hyrule home by sealing the 'dark interlopers' in the Twilight Realm. After centuries, their offspring evolved into the race you see before you. And, most Twili don't leave the Twilight Realm due to fear of racism from Hyrule, the alliance Hyrule has with Labrynna bringing the racism over there, and the uncommonness of the race causing fear among people in Holodrum...kind of surprising, considering Holodrum is considered the 'Pot Luck' kingdom, eh?" After finishing his retelling and explanation, the Twili hoped the man wouldn't still try to recruit him.

Last edited by KingWestie on Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:28 am; edited 2 times in total
KingWestie
KingWestie
Twili
Twili

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aberham Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:03 pm

"Alright, violence isn't your cup of tea. I can respect that... Part of me does wonder as a Twili why you would rather go on about your business when you finally have an opertunetty to punish the people of Hyrule after all they did to your people. After how they still treat you today. Twould be a civil war for your people. After the thrones gone no one will give two shits about what your great great grand pappy did when he was old and stupid against a dead kingdom. I actually can't think of anything else that could persuade you. I joined up for less than a fraction of the reasons you might have." He leaned back in his chair.

"Blood has already been spilt, the first batch in the great rebirth of a war that has been going on before we recorded history. This battle in infinite, it is eternal until some people take charge and decide the victor forever. If you would rather read books and keep your head down while a turning point in the entire course of recorded history takes place on the other side of the world then that is your right. Bit this place will be affected as well." He smiled under his helmet, where no one could see at all. "You know what is really pathetic though? We probably need someone like you, who thinks like you on our side more than ever. Right now our leadership is thirsty for blood, and I am but a vessel to do his will. If you would join the forces of Ganondorf, working right alongside me. You might just see the least bloody outcome of everything that is about to happen. If not, well. I'm willing to bet a lot of people are geniunly screwed."
Aberham
Aberham
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by KingWestie Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:16 am

Oddyss chuckled to himself and finished his glass of water before answering with "The reason why I don't join you on your idea of revenge because of the past is... the past is in the past...and I don't give a shit about it." He sighed and decided he would try to find out more about this Ganondorf character. "Say...what are this Ganondorf guy's motivations? Why is he starting a war?" He questioned, hoping the man would see his beliefs couldn't be changed. "And, if this battle is eternal... what the hell can you do about it? ...I do know a potentially easier way of claiming Hyrule, though. He muttered, hoping this would get the knight to shut up.
KingWestie
KingWestie
Twili
Twili

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aberham Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:47 am

"Ganondorf has been stuck in an unending hell for the past few hundred years, he is motivated to finally win the war his people deserve. The war does not end because he will never die. Statistically he will keep coming back over and over and over again not matter how many times he is sealed up. Hyrule is not a perfect kingdom by any means. It's been around for ten thousand years, there are problems, just imagine what the world would look like if it was all controlled by one government? War would all but entirely disappear, racism and prejudice would dry up as the geopolitical barriers between people disappeared. The sheer amount of science that could be produced would dwarf any moment in recorded history. What would be the easier way? Let me hear it." Aberham was committed to the cause.
Aberham
Aberham
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by KingWestie Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:06 am

"You've got me, I can't come up with an argument...yet" Oddyss laughed, as he ordered a second glass of water which the bartender almost instantly passed to him. He then span on his chair and looked out the window, whilst smiling. The bartender sighed and said to the knight "He still won't join you though... And I have a feeling you might see why." as he looked at Alexander and placed his hand on the bar as Oddyss' smile faded. Oddyss then began to mutter "Oh god. Oh shit...not again" as his grip on the glass loosened and it fell to the ground. What Oddyss saw, that caused this reaction, was his brother, or at least how he would look now, with blood covering him and he silently said "You let me die. You let me fall" as he walked towards Oddyss, who rushed off his chair, and slipped, falling onto the ground. Despite the commotion it caused, Oddyss was the only one who could see this and also realized the colour around him, excluding his brother and himself, was fading.

The bartender then vaulted over the bar and landed in front of the stammering Twili, and pulled one of the vials out of Oddyss' bag and pulled the top off of it, before passing it to Oddyss. Oddyss then sipped from the vial as the colour started to return, his brother disappeared, and he slowly got up and got back onto the stool before muttering "That's why I didn't want to join your army or whatever it was."
KingWestie
KingWestie
Twili
Twili

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aberham Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:45 pm

"Alright, I understand." Aberham said I goring his chronic crazy episode. Well they would not want him there if the guy needed regular medication to prevent seiures, or whatever the heck that just was. He offered a had to help him get back up on his stool then another idea popped into his head. "Well even still, we could have a lot to learn from eachother. Would you like by chance to train together? I am looking to study magic and for you learninng martial skills could be very usedull indeed."
Aberham
Aberham
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by KingWestie Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:18 pm

Odyss smiled and said "Yeah, that IS a pretty good idea... and maybe with someone else helping me we could find out a way to cure, or use, my hallucinations in some way...and figure out what these marks stand for " After he finished, he pulled his right sleeve up, showing the glowing cyan marks that ran up his right arm. He then sighed, wondering how much the knight's opinion had changed due to his sudden outburst. After checking Oddyss over, the barkeeper vaulted back over the bar and began cleaning a used glass as if nothing happened, excluding him muttering "Why did that happen now? It usually happens at midnight..."

Oddyss then began to sip from another glass of water and muttered "Is my brother's death my fault?...And is it connected to these marks?..." He also continued to eat the bread and was slightly surprised how most people in the Inn, who happened to also be bar regulars, acted as if nothing happened. He then began to worry slightly that his hallucinations were becoming commonplace. "Are you sure that Ganondorf bloke would be okay with someone who seems to be a capable part of any army training, and taking training, by a novice on the edge of sanity?" the Twili sighed, not wanting to get of the knight's king's bad side which would probably guarantee himself a bounty that would become quite the hassle.
KingWestie
KingWestie
Twili
Twili

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aberham Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:16 pm

"Well you see to avoid that I will use an age old technique called lieing. I just won't tell him specific details about you. Plus, as long as I can do what he tells me to I don't think it's going to bother him one bit what I do in my free time. Glad your willing though, what did just happen?" Aberham had no clue what was going on, did this guy have the lung disease, asthma? The sugar sickness, diabetes? It was the only two things that immediately came to mind as something that would need to be quelled immediately by medication, either he spent a lot of time here or the bartender slipped horse tranquilizers in all of their drinks because it looked like it was not uncommon at all for him to have such an attack, hell the bartender even knew that he needed medicine and what to give him. "Don't worry about being insane, we're all a bit sick in the head aren't we?" A bunch of images passed by his imagination of the many blood soaked battlefields and opponents he had left in his dramatic rise to power over the last year. He quelled them back into his mental vault with a sharp sip of his strong cider.
Aberham
Aberham
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by KingWestie Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:41 am

Oddyss chuckled at what Aberham had said before sighing and muttering "What just happened is that I just saw my dead brother, and if I am correct, began to loose my grip on reality. The medicine is just something to try to restore that grip easily, I could do it myself, but I have never been strong enough to do so. " After saying that, he sighed and wondered how this 'Ganondorf' character would rule Hyrule, or the whole world if he got his hands on it. He then decided to talk about the sanity statement. He smiled as he said "Yeah, but most won't be able to say they are a mentally deranged, to some extent, person who is a prime target for racism, an orphan and is haunted by the memory and spirit of their dead brother... I never realized how messed up that is until now." He then continued to drink from his glass, wondering how Aberham would react to what he had just said.
KingWestie
KingWestie
Twili
Twili

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aberham Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:34 am

"Well some people are just not mentally equipped to kill others. I killed a boatload of people and my own brother, not that I'm proud of it. Yet I still don't hallucinate, it might have somthing do to with the magic in your blood. The kind ofv dark stuff that your ancestors did might be taking its tole on you. I'm uhh, sorry for your loss. No one should have to go through that. I hope it will come to fade in the future."
Aberham
Aberham
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by KingWestie Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:11 pm

Alexander smiled and put his hand on Aberham's shoulder before saying "Thanks for everything... and, your past seems pretty rough..." Alexander looked at the ground as he mentally took note of the fact that no matter the side they were on, they would find some way to communicate. "Anyway, when are we going to start that training and who is going to train who, to begin with?" The Twili laughed, wanted to steer clear of the depressing subject of murder and death.
KingWestie
KingWestie
Twili
Twili

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aberham Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:33 pm

"I see no reason we don't start immediately. It may be easier for me to start teaching you my ways before you teach me yours. I just need to get a couple things together, I imagine you would need to get a great amount of books and tests ready before we can begin on that end. Besides, TRAINING to be a knight is simple, it's like any other skill. Practice, practice, practice. Repetition is the key to greatness. Why when I was training to be a knight I would do at least eight hundred squats a day, you would not believe it. But having those tight glutes has saved me more than I would care to admit." Aberham was glad the conversation was steering this way, this was hardly the place to discuss politics and the meaning of life and the meaning of death.
Aberham
Aberham
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by KingWestie Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:26 am

Alexander laughed nervously before saying "Thats...interesting. Although, all I want to be able to do is mostly throw a few decent punches, kicks and maybe use a staff to its full physical potential, not the ability to be a great sword wielding badass who can use magic. He then got his bag before putting his things inside it and hoped he wouldn't have to do loads of squats or anything too intense.
KingWestie
KingWestie
Twili
Twili

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aberham Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:29 am

"Now I can teach you to use a staff, but don't think that it is going to be easier than using a sword. Its no meteor hammer or something incredibly impracticable but if you want to use it in a meaningful way in combat outside of me teaching you the most basic jabs that they tought me with a practice stick on day one, then your going to have to commit as much as I will have to study through late nights. Melee combat is an art, there is a constant ebb and flow to it."
Aberham
Aberham
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by KingWestie Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:50 am

After hearing this, Oddyss frantically said "Wait, I knew I would have to commit and all, I just wanted to train with a staff and stuff to a level where I would be able to use one effectively, but not use it as my main form of fighting... Was that to complicated?" Oddyss looked down at the bar and wondered why, despite being thankful for it, the knight in front of him hadn't ask him about his idea of a 'potentially easier way of claiming Hyrule'.

Last edited by KingWestie on Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
KingWestie
KingWestie
Twili
Twili

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aberham Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:17 pm

"Yes I fully understand this. It is going to be tough though, all I am saying is that you should not expect it to be easy. Casters are almost an entirely non physical specialization. So it's probably not going to be like any training you have ever had before. Anyhow two things I still did not catch what was this secret to getting Hyrule very easily. And what kind of things would you be able to teach me? I only know battle magic right now, mostly."
Aberham
Aberham
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by KingWestie Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:15 pm

Oddyss smirked before saying "I understand that it's gonna be hard, and I am excited for that challenge and that plan of mine.... its based solely around myth and chance, so don't expect master level stuff here. My plan was, to have a spy go into Hyrule, and something happens that causes Zelda to need a new adviser, said spy becomes the new adviser and eventually manipulated Zelda into touching the Triforce, but after he or she has corrupted Zelda deep down, so deep that she wouldn't even know it, and then her wish shall become true, but in a twisted image. The problem is, the wish has to be specific so that the twisted version shall put Hyrule in danger and Ganondorf swoops in, with the solution. He then takes over the throne and proceeds to remake the bonds with the rulers of Labrynna and Holodum and then he makes his way up from there. With the magic I could teach you, maybe some healing spells and spells which would give someone an increase in strength or their defense, after all, support and damage spells are two sides of the same coin. Maybe some other stuff too, we'll cross those hurdles when we get to them. He then began to drink from his glass and finished it, letting the knight continue.
KingWestie
KingWestie
Twili
Twili

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aberham Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:57 pm

"Hmm, I like the magic we're dealing with here, I currently have no magical ability's that allow me to increase my strength and I am partially using to summoning weapons to attack. As for your plan, it would be neigh impossible. We have no access to someone who would be able to step up to the position.... Well I mean..... There is my old brother... How experienced are you at shape shifting magic?"
Aberham
Aberham
Human
Human

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by KingWestie Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:09 am

Oddyss chuckled and scratched the back of his head and said "Yeah, it is helpful to know that stuff. I might go over the weapon summoning you mentioned. Oh, and I forgot to mention offensive spells, they can be the best bit, if you know how to use them! His smile faded from his face at hearing the latter question as he then sighed and muttered, as the murmuring of the people within the Inn stopped, "I knew my plan was very far from doable in the shortest possible time. It's more like a long time goal than a short one. As for my skill at shape shifting magic... I would rather say I have none, due to there being a sort of taboo against shape shifting magic where I studied... but what's life if you don't break a few rules. In short, I have a basic knowlage. I didn't have much time to study it in the Twilight Realm during the 7 years after I actually tried. The most I can do at the moment is change my eye colour or hair colour... I know that's probably a huge dissapointment." After saying this, he slowly closed his eyes and as he opened them, his irises were brown, instead of their usual red and purple. As his irises turned back to normal, he sighed "I do intend to learn more about it, though."
KingWestie
KingWestie
Twili
Twili

Character Sheet
EXP:
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down