The Legend of Zelda: Shades of the Past
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gareth Evershield

Go down

Gareth Evershield Empty Gareth Evershield

Post by Guest Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:24 pm

Gareth Evershield 2j30cvk
Gareth Evershield Untitled-1_1
Name: Gareth Evershield
Alias: Gare, Gary
Class: Knight
Sexuality: Straight
Race: Human
Kingdom: Hyrule
Special features: His red eyes

Gareth Evershield Untitled-2_1
Personality: Gareth is a proud Hylian, oppressed by his seemingly Gerudo eyes, but he is positive he is 100% Hylian. He is somewhat alienated from others by his different set eyes, but he has learned to look past that and cherish the company he does keep. He is protective, and willing to put himself before others. His soldier-esque attitude is marred only by his willingness to ease the air with a joke and a smile, but he is able to take his duties seriously, and face danger with a straight head. He is not too fond those out for themselves, judgmental, or high and mighty. He believes the Royal Family is like this, and has a tendency to dislike them, believing many things wrong with the kingdom are their fault. However, he respects high authorities, and will not disobey orders. As a sword and shield user, he will always put himself before others on the field of battle. Mid combat, he will strike true, fast, and with few words. He is susceptible to swaying words, though, and can be put in the wrong mindset quickly, on his own. As one who is a team player, he will perform adequately on his own, and shine brightly with others.

Dislikes: Royalty/Nobility, selfish people, the wilder races (ex: Bublins/Bokoblins)
Motivations: Protecting kingdom and kin from Darkness, Making his father proud.
Fears: Being manipulated, Being Alone

Gareth Evershield Untitled-3_1
Height: 5 feet 11 inches
Weight: 178 lbs.
Eye color: Red-irised
Hair color: Brown
Appearance: Gareth's plain, yet youthful, attractive appearance is marred by several minor cuts and scars across his face from many recruit training sessions. He is outfitted with the knight's chainmail (Here). He's physically fit, well built, but not burly, as he still holds a degree of finesse to rival his larger opponents.

Gareth Evershield Untitled-4_1
History: Gareth was born and raised in the center of Hyrule, smack dab in the Castle town itself. His mother was a pot vendor(She had awful feelings her creations were destroyed in the name of mindless looting.) and his father started as a tradesmen, buying one good for another, then reselling it at different prices to gain a profit. Soon though, he would be faced with the option to join the Hyrule Army, or continue as a peddling merchant. He joined the Army, knowing a steady income could hold together his family, with a baby on the way. However, he would never live to see his child born, as one night, while guarding a notably wealthy merchant bringing goods to the Gerudo for trade, he and the others were mercilessly cut down, their goods taken. Gareth was born without a father, only hearing tales about his kindness, selflessness, and his valor.

As Gareth grew in the Town, it became more and more apparent people were avoiding him and his mother, as people thought he was a cross breed, or demonically possessed. His mother herself could not explain it, believing he had been touched by the gods in one way or another, though many would call it a curse. However, the graces of the gods would be heard as, going into his early teens, Gareth began starting fights with boys who picked on him. One day, the bullies had ganged up on, beat him beyond submission, and close to the brink of death. Before anyone could intervene, Light burst from Gareth, almost blinding his attackers, and getting many people's attention (His Light's Guide blessing). Gareth's fear of this strange magic caused him to hide for weeks on end, before he would emerge to praise and apology alike, heralded as a goddess-touched boy, instead of a mutant. While Gareth enjoyed the turn around, he still kept himself away from those only seeking to get some brownie points with the goddesses. He would be alone, until he would reach the age to join the military.

Gareth learned self-defense simply through nesscescity, but it was nowhere near competent, and he went into the Hyrule Army, chasing after his father's legacy. He goes in, hopeful, but requires the aid of friends and others to ensure success, as he is but a boy struggling to keep his head above the water, somehow touched by the goddesses, yet hardly worthy of titles or praise... yet.

RP Sample: Gareth fumbled with his straps and buckles along his uniform, ensuring his tunic, or worse, his pants would not fall during training today. He jumped off the bed, one of dozens lining the barracks room, as he grabbed his training sword and shield. He followed other soldiers out to the courtyard, remaining silent as they engaged in conversation. He sighed, looking around as he suddenly bumped into the back of the recruits in front of him, as they suddenly stopped. They continued looking forward, as Gareth manuvered himself to see what they were looking at. Passing the crossroads of the halls of the Castle was a small unit of heavily armor guards, gilded in a multitude of gold and blues, signaling royal guardsmen. Behind them, they lead the Princess Zelda, who looked at those around her, but remained silent as she passed. Gareth regarded her with furrowed eyebrows, wondering about her. He had heard her father had passed, and she would need to become the Queen. Maybe this one wouldn't make mistakes, like sending useless items to be traded, resulting in unneeded death. Gareth shook his head, expelling the thoughts from his head as the recruits flooded out into the courtyard.

After instructions were given out, and the men were split, pairs of two began sparring each other. Gareth faced a man of equal height, though he seemed to heavily outweigh Gareth in muscle, wielding a training bastard sword almost as large as the two of them. Gareth blanched, but drew his sword and shield, easing forward slowly, gauging his attacks on the first couple of swings. The sword swung viciously through the air for him, faster than he thought, and he raised his shield, the shock of the blow stinging through his arm as he swung his sword to back away his opponent. He came in from his off-hand side, launching a downward strike for the man's head, who parried it with his own blade laying horizontally above him. Gareth smirked, rushing forward and shield bashing under his guard, spinning on his heel to unleash another strike that sent the man stumbling back, strafing forward to swing his right foot udner his left foot, sweeping his leg, and pointing the edge of his training sword into the man's chest as he fell to the ground. "My point" He said, before taking the sword off of his chest, and helping the man to his feet.

Gareth Evershield Untitled-5_1
Reference: I found this site from the advertising post on http://kingdomrocks.proboards.com/
Face claim: What character are you using? Gareth/Final Fantasy XIV/Hyur Male Default(Cover Splash Art)

Last edited by Gareth Evershield on Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Gareth Evershield Empty Re: Gareth Evershield

Post by Guest Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:57 am

I'd honestly prefer you to expand on your likes and dislikes section. Most people dislike criminals and villains, and most people like friends. You don't have to do this if you don't want to, but it would help flesh out your character. Some explanations for you motivations and fears would be nice to.

Secondly, I feel iffy about this white light....could you PM me telling me what exactly it is?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:12 am

Fixed! The White Light was my attempt at describing the Light's Guide blessing I recieved. I apologize for the application overall. After 3+ hours of figuring out what pictures to use and what name to give him, I was burned out when it came to the creation. I had a few questions regarding timelines and any major events in that timeline, to solidify more things in my history, but all of that would be kind of irrelevant, moving forward into the RP. If there's anything else that is unclear or needs reworking, I am definitely willing and able to do that! Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:30 pm

I see nothing wrong here. Approved!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Windhelm Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:53 pm

Archived.
Oliver Windhelm
Oliver Windhelm
Human
Human

Rupees : 34005

Character Sheet
EXP:
Gareth Evershield Left_bar_bleue350/5000Gareth Evershield Empty_bar_bleue  (350/5000)
Statistics :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down